Phone Calls - People Can't Hear Me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblomstein

I been having this problem for months. I been searching everywhere for solutions but I can't figure it out.

I have a Nissan leaf but when my phone is connected via bluetooth, somehow people on the other end can't hear me. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

I had it for a while with my 2013 Leaf. Let me try to remember what it turned out to be.............I THINK it was actually my cheap phone's Bluetooth dying, IIRC. The problem only happened with the one phone.

LeftieBiker said:
I had it for a while with my 2013 Leaf. Let me try to remember what it turned out to be.............I THINK it was actually my cheap phone's Bluetooth dying, IIRC. The problem only happened with the one phone.
I tried with multiple different phones, the problem still persists with all of them.

I was wondering if there was a mute button I don't know about

Edit: I just checked the manual

NOTE:
If a call is ended or the cellular phone
network connection is lost while the Mute
feature is on, the Mute feature will be reset
to “off” for the next call so the other party
can hear your voice.

My 2014 SL is doing this. The car issues a weird sound of a distorted ring and when I answer neither can hear each other until I select to just use the handset and then my phone works fine in my hand. The blutooth audio from my phone plays fine. Samsung 6.

I'm having the same issue with my 2018 leaf. Google can hear me just fine for hands free texting but callers can't hear me. Bluetooth audio books play just fine.

My 12v battery died and ever since I replaced it my mic is not working. This doesn't have anything to do with the bluetooth because even the in car voice recognition tells me that "no speech was detected, please speak after the tone".

Others have stated on reddit forums that they ran into the same thing, and no one seems to have an answer for it.

If anyone does, please post it.

I'm not sure what year Leaf you have, but the NissanConnect 2021 manual has troubleshooting tips for your issue. Look in Page 8-13 of this manual. See links below.

Picture of manual's tips:
https://ibb.co/5LYJyRL

NissanConnect 2021 manual:
https://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/Nissan/us/manuals-and-guides/shared/2021/2021-nissan-connectA-navigation-manual.pdf

I had the similar problem , After my battery died we started having issues , no matter what phone or Restarting the phone, i think it has something to do with the battery .

Yeah, this happened to me, too. And this guy. Unfortunately, like him, my problem was with the Telematic Control Unit, and it cost over $1000 to fix. Good news I guess is that it did, indeed, fix the problem with the microphone not working. Yay.

Unfortunately, like him, my problem was with the Telematic Control Unit, and it cost over $1000 to fix.
How can that be, when I have no mic issues and no TCU (replaced with OVMS)? Has to be something in the settings (or needs a re-boot).

I was replying to the original poster, who said they had mic issues, but maybe my issue was different from theirs. Good luck figuring out your issues.

I've had a 2019 Nissan Leaf for a few weeks that I just bought after our awesome 2019 Leaf was totaled in an accident. The first weekend we had it, the 12v battery died. I jumped it with another car, and now the microphone does not work and the radio and screen blip out every ten minutes. The dealership ran a test and found error codes U1A01 and U1A02 for faulty TCU control module. About $1,000. Has anyone tried removing the TCU module fuse or removing the negative battery for a few minutes as an easy fix? Does anyone else have a blippy screen and radio?

I've had a 2019 Nissan Leaf for a few weeks that I just bought after our awesome 2019 Leaf was totaled in an accident. The first weekend we had it, the 12v battery died. I jumped it with another car, and now the microphone does not work and the radio and screen blip out every ten minutes. The dealership ran a test and found error codes U1A01 and U1A02 for faulty TCU control module. About $1,000. Has anyone tried removing the TCU module fuse or removing the negative battery for a few minutes as an easy fix? Does anyone else have a blippy screen and radio?
My radio doesn’t go out. However, it seems possessed and jumps from volume level 8 or 11 all the way to 72 or more. It happens unpredictably and is very disruptive. It has occasionally happened when I’ve hit a bit of rough road or a speed bump, but I can’t make it happen to show a repair person or the dealer. I’ve never gotten the volume dial to work consistently- I will turn it gently and it simply goes from where it is (4 or so) down to zero and then just flips between 1,2 and 0. I use the up/down control on the steering column exclusively at this point.

My screen doesn’t blip.

The phone does not work the way it did on my 2012- unless it is actually connected via a charging cable, I cannot talk through the car’s speakers. On my 2012 the Bluetooth was great and worked as expected.

I like everything else about the car - especially the bigger battery (62kw originally)!

Back