Back window washer won't spray?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not on a Leaf but I've had this happen on another car I owned. In that case it was because the tubing to the sprayer came undone. I ended up with a big gob of blue gelatin like substance in back where it was draining out. Hopefully your situation is something else.

goldbrick said:
Not on a Leaf but I've had this happen on another car I owned. In that case it was because the tubing to the sprayer came undone. I ended up with a big gob of blue gelatin like substance in back where it was draining out. Hopefully your situation is something else.

Let's hope!

I haven't noticed any spillage or stains. Makes me think the rear sprayer pump is either not hooked up anymore, or has failed. If the weather ever warms up, I'll crawl under it and see what I can find.

I've had this happen twice, first time was from the washer pump inlet becoming clogged. I suspect this second round is from the same problem but I've yet to take it apart again. Getting to the reservoir/pump to clean the inlet requires removal of the front bumper. Root cause: I made the mistake of mixing rain-x fluid with a fluid from a "blue jug" in the garage, which turned out to be window cleaner (ammonia) instead of windshield washer fluid. Caused some kind of polymerization reaction. I may never get all of the crud out of the system.

There is another possibility: you may simply not have run it long enough. The first time it's used, and often when it hasn't been used for a long time, it takes about 5+ seconds for the washer fluid to reach the rear nozzle.

Back