Brake wires?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnuss

I'm lost. I have a 2012 nissan leaf, japan made model. I was fixing a problem with the left side handbrake, but apparently the parts arent available in my country, as we only have parts for UK made models. Is there any workaround? It was seized in place, and needs a replacement. Alternatively, do any other cars use the same handbrake cables?

Hi and welcome!

I'm guessing that you live in the UK.
I'm not sure if there is a difference between the parking brake assembly for a Japanese and UK Leaf. Based on what I see at the following auto parts site -- and have seen in other parts sites -- there's no mention of these parts for Leafs from different countries.
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2012-nissan-leaf/brake/parking_brake_control.html

You can try the above site -- or your local Nissan dealer -- to get the Nissan OEM part number (e.g., 36531-3NA0A) for your cable, then head over to ebay UK and search for that part number to see if it is being sold.

Your other options:
* Head over to nearby auto junk yards to see if older Leafs vehicles are available.
* Try online auto parts sites for the Japan market.

I live in norway, and my nearby nissan dealer told me about the difference between japan and british models. I'll take a gander tomorrow and update you all

It's possible that handbrake cables from a different make or model of car might fit your 2012 Nissan Leaf, but compatibility would depend on the specific dimensions and attachment points of the cables. To determine if another car's handbrake cables are compatible, you can compare their specifications with those of your Nissan Leaf. You can find these specifications in your vehicle's repair manual or by contacting a Nissan dealer. Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to aftermarket auto parts suppliers to see if they offer compatible handbrake cables.

Back