New Nissan EV app is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaf4al said:
I have the latest software version now and it's updating. Thank goodness. But, I had to reinstall the app on my android. Otherwise, no updates. Hope this helps.

Did anyone else lose all of thier trip data?

I mean I'm glad the app is working again, but there's no trip/efficiency data under "Reports and Activity" any more, and most functionality has been removed from the NissanConnect webpage.

ToddA1966 said:
Did anyone else lose all of thier trip data?

I mean I'm glad the app is working again, but there's no trip/efficiency data under "Reports and Activity" any more, and most functionality has been removed from the NissanConnect webpage.
Yes and yes, the webpage is gone now. I'm glad the app works again, but not happy about losing all the history *again*. Good thing I make backups, but looks like no more future history will be recorded. :evil:

Has anyone confirmed with Nissan that the extra EV information via the website is gone for good? Disappointing as I used it regularly to check on efficiency...

It looks like there is no longer an option to schedule climate control via the app, or website? I see on and off, just no way to set a schedule.

Re: the website version of the app... It's not working for me either. I called Nissan, they said they had no plans to discontinue the website. The support person was able to login into my portal (using their backend tools, not my credentials directly) and interact with my car. She wasn't sure why it wasn't working for me so she escalated my case. I'm supposed to hear back on Monday. I'll report back here with what I find out.

Anybody else not getting notifications of any kind since the new app/service came online?

Kenny said:
Anybody else not getting notifications of any kind since the new app/service came online?

I am not getting email/text notifications (last notification was charge complete on 12/7) and cannot seem to find a way to check status/activate climate control from the website since the "upgrade". The new version of the iPhone app is working for status and climate control activation (have not tried anything else). I called the customer service number that popped up when I logged in to the EV owner section of the website--I need to call back during the day tomorrow so will report later if I get any answers.

I seem to have lost Reports option on the latest version of the app (v 7.5.3) installed on my iPhone apparently about 3 weeks ago (as per App Store).

Reports & Activity button is still there and when I take it I get a submenu that only shows Activities option. Reports seem to be totally gone. Are you all seeing the same or is it a problem on my phone?

Will try to see if I can downgrade to the previous version which was 7.4.8 according to the App Store

Hello, I am picking up my 2017 S from the dealer in a day or two. Does anybody know if I can I get a
nissanconnect subscription
login code
or whatever it takes to sign up & use their app?
Or any suggestions for any other apps (to control charging %, monitor battery temp, pre heat, etc) would be great!
Thanks

I'm sorry, but in my other post to you I mentioned that the S trim does not, and has never had, the equipment necessary to access Nissan remotely. If you were told this by a sales person, you can try to get the car returned, if this is a big issue for you.

Hello, I am picking up my 2017 S from the dealer in a day or two. Does anybody know if I can I get a
nissanconnect subscription
login code
or whatever it takes to sign up & use their app?
Or any suggestions for any other apps (to control charging %, monitor battery temp, pre heat, etc) would be great!
Thanks

We have had an S model for over 3 years now and the remote access has never been an issue. Charging time can be set in the car (although % can not, but once you get used to the time needed to add your desired % the calculations are simple) and we don't mind starting out in a cold car. We did install heated seats after we bought the car, you may want to investigate that or ask the dealer to throw that in, it makes the first mile warmer but the heater is quick.

OldManCan said:
I seem to have lost Reports option on the latest version of the app (v 7.5.3) installed on my iPhone apparently about 3 weeks ago (as per App Store).

Reports & Activity button is still there and when I take it I get a submenu that only shows Activities option. Reports seem to be totally gone. Are you all seeing the same or is it a problem on my phone?

Will try to see if I can downgrade to the previous version which was 7.4.8 according to the App Store

Downgrading does not seem to be an option. Is the reports disappearing issue common to everyone or is it just me? Thanks for your inputs.

Todd1561 said:
Re: the website version of the app... It's not working for me either. I called Nissan, they said they had no plans to discontinue the website. The support person was able to login into my portal (using their backend tools, not my credentials directly) and interact with my car. She wasn't sure why it wasn't working for me so she escalated my case. I'm supposed to hear back on Monday. I'll report back here with what I find out.

Finally got something definitive from Nissan on this, they said the web version of the app is gone and not coming back, bummer. I don't imagine this will impact too many people as I assume most just use the mobile app. I've been using the web version to scrape my battery SOC for automating my charge timer. So I guess that will be no more :/

LeftieBiker said:
It's kind of (not) funny: even as they delete features of the Connect system, they keep wanting me to pay for the full version of it.
+1
I miss do the plug-in reminder and charge complete email notifications that came from the web version. I never activated the "premium" features during the trial period when the car was new (did not want security risk of remote unlock capability) and will never pay extra for it.

It looks like reports are gone for good?, but at least the climate timer function is back in the app.

I looked at the reports regularly and they likely prompted driving behavior changes (for the good). I’ll be sad if they are indeed retired for good.

The menu item for Reports is still there so I hope this is a bug or oversight. Fingers crossed

I too used the reports very often. Shame if they remove it.

Back