2021 Screen Scratches

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Any tips for dealing with some minor scratches in the infotainment unit screen?

I'm alarmed at how easy it seems to have scratched with just regular finger use.

Thanks

Hi!

For minor scratches you can rub them with one of those white pencil erasers or a Magic Eraser sponge.

I haven't dealt with deep scratches, but I hear that those car headlight repair creams seem to work on them.

You can do an online search for "car screen scratch repair" and you'll end up with many links to sites showing DIY methods for clearing up those screen scratches.

henrydehoja said:
Hi!

For minor scratches you can rub them with one of those white pencil erasers or a Magic Eraser sponge.

I'll see how I go with the screen cloth and alcohol free wipes I've ordered. It seems like there's an anti-glare coating that's extremely similar to the last gen Plasma TV I have, so I'll check out the cleaning instructions there. Some of the 'fixes' on the YouTube videos I've seen just seem to involve stripping the anti-glare coating!

Automobiles tend to collect dust. I assume some of that road dust is rather gritty. It is probably a smart practice to wipe our hands before fingering the screen.

Toby said:
Automobiles tend to collect dust. I assume some of that road dust is rather gritty. It is probably a smart practice to wipe our hands before fingering the screen.

I haven't had much luck, I'm afraid, it seems even very apprehensive swiping on Android Auto is causing problems.

I think the safest thing will be to track down a second 9" unit in mint condition and keep that boxed up for future sale with the car.

In the meantime I'm going to try fitting a screen protector from a newer JDM Note, which has the same touch screen area dimensions (but the ones that cover the knobs won't work as the dimensions of the media unit itself are slightly different and angled in weird ways).

I am surprised that you scratched it with just finger swiping use. It is a glass screen (at least on my 2019 and on my previous LEAFs). Are you sure it does not have a plastic film that someone added? I just clean mine periodically with a damp cloth and it has no scratches after almost 3-1/2 years and 60k miles.

Back