DC, MD, VA, WV EV Owners Gather here!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Sparrows Point (Baltimore County). I bought a 2012 Leaf w/ 12 bars. I've been using it for about 6 weeks, and loving it. I haven't used a public charger yet. I level 1 at work and home.

This forum has been very helpful.

If you are a LEAF owner in the DC metro area who is looking for an excuse to take a scenic road trip this spring, Drive Electric RVA invites you to our second annual rally for electric vehicles. Rally participants will travel southward from the GreenFare Organic Cafe in Herndon to Center of the Universe Brewing in Ashland, skipping the interstate for a total of 100 miles.

Here's how it will work: Each team (consisting of a driver and navigator) will have to use their smarts to locate visual checkpoints and manage the range of their EV. Fredericksburg will be the official pit stop for people who need to charge, though charging stations will be available at various points along the route. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers.

If you arrive early at the start, our event partner, the Northern Virginia Electric Car Owners, will get together from 12:30 to 2:30 PM to enjoy the cafe's organic, whole food offerings and hear a presentation from the owner, Gwyn Whittaker. If you stick around at the end, you can enjoy the microbrews at COTU. Multiple charging stations will be available at both the start and finish lines.

Registration fee is $10 and non-refundable: charge2rva.eventbrite.com.

Looking to Revive this old thread. Im back in the LEAF Gang. Still a part of MDVOLT.org and Northern VA Electric Vehicle Owners Club. Recently decided to get another Leaf. Now a 2013 S with DCQC and the 6.6kw charger. Could'nt beat the $7500 car!

Looking forward to next weekends Southern MD Meetup and the plug-in day this year.

Help. Looking to buy/lease a Leaf in NVA. Is it better to lease or buy? Best dealerships? Best discount, pricing?
Local salesmen don't seem very knowledgeable on the Leaf. They are asking for way too much for used Leafs.
Thanks.

knowledgebrown said:
Help. Looking to buy/lease a Leaf in NVA. Is it better to lease or buy? Best dealerships? Best discount, pricing?
Local salesmen don't seem very knowledgeable on the Leaf. They are asking for way too much for used Leafs.
Thanks.

Don't be afraid to widen your search area, I bought my 2015SV in Alexandria after not finding what I wanted in the Norfolk area. To bring the car home I rented an auto carrier trailer but I had also figured out a plan to charge as needed to drive it home.

knowledgebrown said:
Thanks.

Where are you looking to buy from? Do you mind driving down to Woodbridge? Or Stafford? I know a salesman at Cowles Nissan which sold me my first leaf. And Stafford has Leckner Nissan and they are selling leafs with a great discount. Plus you'll still get the $7500 tax credit as well.

Is this group still active? Or just the Meetup group? (just joined that group recently too).

Back