2023 Leaf VSP Shut-Off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeklanStradivari

Morning & Happy New Year,
Picked up my 2023 Leaf on the 27th of December, I am curious if anyone knows or has heard of a way to silence and/or reduce the VSP yet?

The VSP is that annoying sound from 0-25 mph to warn pedestrians.

I have read it bugs some people quite a bit, I am partially deaf so not so much for me, just don't care to be announced everywhere I go. But then I guess I could just turn the stereo up more LOL.

I just wonder if it would be as simple as pulling a fuse somewhere?

Welcome. No, you can no longer change the VSP, it seems. As for door locking: try the Service menu in LeafSpy plus. It has to be enabled to be visible in the app.

DeklanStradivari said:
Morning & Happy New Year,
Picked up my 2023 Leaf on the 27th of December, I am curious if anyone knows or has heard of a way to silence and/or reduce the VSP yet?

The VSP is that annoying sound from 0-25 mph to warn pedestrians.

I have read it bugs some people quite a bit, I am partially deaf so not so much for me, just don't care to be announced everywhere I go. But then I guess I could just turn the stereo up more LOL.

I just wonder if it would be as simple as pulling a fuse somewhere?

This topic comes up many times, so just to summarize my answer. Before 2021, you could disable all VSP on the Leaf. Having done this myself, it caused a lot of problems of people just walking right into me while either backing up or going forward because they couldn't hear the EV. I had to turn it back on because it was making it a good chance I would hit a pedestrian by accident. If I had and some investigation was done to find out I had *disabled* the government mandated system to warn people that my vehicle was moving, could has ended badly in court for me.

Now with that disclaimer out of the way, there are ways to manually disable or make it quieter by modifying the speakers in the front of the Leaf. Just keep in mind that if pedestrian traffic isn't an issue (because in live in a rural area for example), you can probably get away with it easily. If you live in a dense urban area with lots of pedestrian traffic to navigate on a daily basis, probably not a good idea to tamper with the VSP system, even if you think the sound annoys other people. That is the purpose for the system, to make them pay attention that a super-heavy moving vehicle is around. :D

After your replies I took a quick peek and figured it out.

Not going to post it, Liability stuff of course

2023 Leaf SV Plus = Way to easy

I am doubly happy, VSP & Back Up Sonar Gong is quite

My Leaf is like listening to a a US Fast Attack Sub

Back