New Nissan EV app is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New owner/user here.
Is there a place where the status of the app (UP/DOWN) can be checked?
Glad to be here

This application is useless. I have 2022 leaf sv and the last time it was working was on DEC 1. Keep trying the refresh button but it's stuck showing the DEC1 status.

Mine is version 7.4.8 that was updated Oct 11, 2022. Data is stuck for 48 hours now which is very unusual. I am glad my Level 2 charger is a smart charger. I can still remotely control charging. The only thing is it won't tell me current SOC. :(

The Nissan Connect EV & Services was working fine for me last Friday--I was able to turn the climate control on, warm the car up--everything was fine. But it has not been working since Monday Dec 5th. I just spent an hour on the phone with Cameron doing various troubleshooting things without success. Now my case has been escalated. It seems lots of us are having this problem. I have version 7.4.8.

Nissan customer service for Nissan Connect EV says that they're working on a software update. Aware that system is down because of the work. Says it'll be up soon.

Leaf4al said:
Nissan customer service for Nissan Connect EV says that they're working on a software update. Aware that system is down because of the work. Says it'll be up soon.

Thanks for this info.

I've read this entire thread. Amazed that Nissan has done it again with a half-baked POS ap. After I bought my 2012 LEAF, everything worked fine, for a few weeks, then I had to log back into the web site, which was another POS, and fiddle with controls. I finally gave up on using the connectivity capability in 2013. I saw on our forum that the cellular services capability was being disconnected, but since i wasn't using it it didn't concern me.

Now, it appears that maybe, possibly, the 2012 LEAF cell capability might be resurrected? Don't know how this wold be possible since I thought it used 2G which has gone away long ago. 3G might be in my area, but my phone only shows 4G even though it is supposed to be a 5G enabled device.

So, bottom line, will this new service work on my 2012 LEAF?

CWO4Mann said:
I've read this entire thread. Amazed that Nissan has done it again with a half-baked POS ap. After I bought my 2012 LEAF, everything worked fine, for a few weeks, then I had to log back into the web site, which was another POS, and fiddle with controls. I finally gave up on using the connectivity capability in 2013. I saw on our forum that the cellular services capability was being disconnected, but since i wasn't using it it didn't concern me.

Now, it appears that maybe, possibly, the 2012 LEAF cell capability might be resurrected? Don't know how this wold be possible since I thought it used 2G which has gone away long ago. 3G might be in my area, but my phone only shows 4G even though it is supposed to be a 5G enabled device.

No, unfortunately Nissan has basically wiped out their database based on VIN. For example, 3G still works in my area in certain locations because some old "government" equipment still needs to be working before being upgraded. If my friend, who owns a 2015 with the 3G radio, drives out to that location, the Leaf picks up the signal and everything looks good in the Leaf. But if you try to use the app, it basically tells them service has been disabled due to the 3G going dark. So even with a working 3G signal (or 2G), since Nissan approves new Leaf based on VIN, they basically blacklisted all the 2G and 3G owners from using it. :cry:

knightmb said:
CWO4Mann said:

No, unfortunately Nissan has basically wiped out their database based on VIN. For example, 3G still works in my area in certain locations because some old "government" equipment still needs to be working before being upgraded. If my friend, who owns a 2015 with the 3G radio, drives out to that location, the Leaf picks up the signal and everything looks good in the Leaf. But if you try to use the app, it basically tells them service has been disabled due to the 3G going dark. So even with a working 3G signal (or 2G), since Nissan approves new Leaf based on VIN, they basically blacklisted all the 2G and 3G owners from using it. :cry:

Thank you! Just as I suspected. BTW, my Nissan LEAF is my LAST Nissan product I will purchase.
Cheers,
Dave

I got my last "charge complete" notification on the morning of December 7th so the system went down after that. It sounds like Nissan is working on their end so I will just wait to see when it starts working again.

As of this writing, still down for me too. This is the longest outage I've ever seen myself over the past 10 years, I wonder what happened at Nissan HQ :lol:

Well, EV services were semi-officially down until this morning. And I was forced to load a new version of the app. Now the app is back up but I see that one important component, the "Reports and Activity" that had lots of useful info - stats, miles/kwh driven daily or monthly, power consumption, how much of that regen, etc. is all but gone now, left with minimal useful info. Unless they moved it elsewhere inside the app - WHERE? Is that everyone's else experience?

There is a new iPhone app also--I had to install it before I could try connecting to the car. I was able to update status (much quicker than before) through the new app. It will be interesting to see if email charge notifications work again. I did not get a text or email notification of the status update.

I have the latest software version now and it's updating. Thank goodness. But, I had to reinstall the app on my android. Otherwise, no updates. Hope this helps.

Are you guys in areas where 3G is not shut down? Or are you all with newer Leafs? My 2013 Leaf has a 'no service' symbol on the top right of the screen, so no app for me for a few months already, even though I did the 3G upgrade back in 2017.. :(

Back