Swap my 30kWh PDM with one from a 40kWh car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapered

I have a 30kWh late 2016 car here in the UK. I now use it with V2H via a Wallbox Quasar charger. LEAF of this era only allow discharge down to 30% SOC. Later models (40 and 60kWh) allow down to 10%. My research tells me it is the PDM that takes the decision to send the stop command over Chademo. Can I take a 40kWh car PDM and install it in my car? It seems physically possible based on videos I have seen, but not sure about the details like wiring changes, etc.

Nah, easiest to just install a CAN-bridge on the QC-CAN, and modify message 0x200 Byte6, this contains the minimum discharge level. Set it all the way down to 5% :)

Dd3zDP3.png

Hi Dala. Love your work. Do you have a vid/instructions on how to install on the QC-CAN specifically? Can I use one of your new budget CAN bridges? Would I need a second bridge in order to do a battery swap?

There is quite a knowledge gap here for me. I'd like to learn, but I don't know where to start really. I need a re-programmable 2 channel bridge? Could you link me to an example? Why 2 channel? Would I have to splice into the QC-CAN in a different spot than you often show in your videos? If so, where is a good spot?

I have about a hundred questions, but if I can get the basics from you, I should be able to then get the answers myself.

Yeah sorry I can't train you personally. I recommend reading up, starting here: https://old.reddit.com/r/CarHacking/comments/ltbrzk/can_bus_and_car_hacking_getting_started_resources/

Back