System is locked. Red. Contact your local dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vencio1977

Hello mates. Owner of nissan leaf 40 kw here, prod. June 2019. Recently replaced the head unit with a new one, the old one was with broken screen. Ignition ON, and this message appered "System is locked. Red. Contact local nissan dealer". How should I proceed in order to match the new head unit to the car?

vencio1977 said:
Hello mates. Owner of nissan leaf 40 kw here, prod. June 2019. Recently replaced the head unit with a new one, the old one was with broken screen. Ignition ON, and this message appered "System is locked. Red. Contact local nissan dealer". How should I proceed in order to match the new head unit to the car?

Hi! You can either visit the dealer, who may or may not help you, or you can solder one of these into the head unit harness: https://zelemar.eu/nissan-can-filter-installation/

It will sniff the verification message on the CANbus during bootup and spoof it to allow the headunit to start on another car than the one it's originally from.

Back