Reversing rear callipers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbuilder

Hi everyone, without getting a dealer to use their computer to reverse the rear callipers has anyone tried the 12v battery trick?

https://youtu.be/o1nQY-oBS-Q

Makes me glad I have the S+, it uses a cable to activate the e-brake..... of course, cables rust but it is my sorta fix.

OP, I have never used that trick to reset parking brake motors but I can't see why it wouldn't work on a Leaf. Most of the non-EV parts on a Leaf are very standard and I'd guess all/most manufacturers use very similar construction on their electric parking brakes. As shown in the video, the kit to retract the rear brakes comes with about a dozen different adapters for various car types even though they all work the same.

As for electric parking brakes, I do like simple but I also like the automatic brake on my Rav4Prime. There are sooooo many complicated things on that car that worrying about the parking brake is at the bottom of my list. I don't mind stepping on the brake on my Leaf but it's sort of fun to hear the little whir of the motor when I turn the R4P off too.

Back