New 2023 SV Plus impressions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SageBrush said:
Flyct said:
When I test drove the Ariya the rep told me the battery is kept at 75 degrees all the time.

Did you believe him ?

I had no reason not to believe “her”. She said they did this so they could help with fast charging, not like the leaf issue with hot battery charging limitation.

The press release said it has an active thermal battery management system with liquid cooling. Also a 130 kW DC charging rate.

Flyct said:
When I test drove the Ariya the rep told me the battery is kept at 75 degrees all the time.

I'm sure there is some truth to that, but to maintain that temperature all the time would would waste a lot of energy from the battery. It might be that the cooling/heating system has a range it works in to prevent the battery from getting too cold or too hot, but calculation wise, it would waste too much energy to maintain the same temperature. Imagine it using that energy to keep the battery 75F in really cold weather driving for example. Not trying to say the rep was lying, maybe that is just what they were told.

knightmb said:
Flyct said:

I'm sure there is some truth to that, but to maintain that temperature all the time would would waste a lot of energy from the battery. It might be that the cooling/heating system has a range it works in to prevent the battery from getting too cold or too hot, but calculation wise, it would waste too much energy to maintain the same temperature. Imagine it using that energy to keep the battery 75F in really cold weather driving for example. Not trying to say the rep was lying, maybe that is just what they were told.

Yep.

There is also the problem of Li plating. Certainly Tesla, and I think other EV manufacturers as well, increase the pack temperature well above 75F during DC charging to mitigate this issue. This is obviously a trade-off solution, but the pack is cooled down soon after the charging session is completed.

Just got new 2023 SV plus in grey. We are getting winter tires on rims, I was wondering if anyone was successful to clone TPMS to Autek sensors for Leaf 2023?

Thanks!

Not 2023 but I installed Autec sensors on my 2017 Leaf without issue. My impression is that the tech is pretty mature at this point and I wouldn't expect any issues.

Back