Replacing 24kw for 24kw

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revertsz

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I need help, I have a 2013 Leaf SL with 50% battery (50 Miles) and I have a 2015 Leaf S with 90% battery the 2015 crashed so I will use the battery for 2013 my question is: What do I need apart from the battery?
How do I get it to recognize the 2015 battery?
Thank you in advance for your comments.

revertsz said:
What do I need apart from the battery?
Appropriate battery lift gear, and Leaf Spy Pro to pair the battery to the firmware. Search this forum for details; Dala figured it out, and had the functionality put into LSP. You need the pay version (not lite or non-pro) to get the special menu with this feature.

You should not need a man-in-the-middle CAN bus translator, but check to see that the connectors are compatible. You probably need to replace the signals connector.

Edit: Hopefully the 24kWh 2015 battery has the good Lizard chemistry, for longest life.

coulomb said:
revertsz said:
What do I need apart from the battery?
Appropriate battery lift gear, and Leaf Spy Pro to pair the battery to the firmware. Search this forum for details; Dala figured it out, and had the functionality put into LSP. You need the pay version (not lite or non-pro) to get the special menu with this feature.

You should not need a man-in-the-middle CAN bus translator, but check to see that the connectors are compatible. You probably need to replace the signals connector.
While there is a small number of 2013 with the "old" connector, you should be OK with the control connector going from a 2013->2015 (just verify whether you have 24 or 36 pins). The "adapter" was required when going from a 2011/12->2015 (like mine), as well as some mechanical modifications (originally done by Nissan when they upgraded my first pack). You will be able to avoid a CAN-bridge adapter (if you use LSP)...only because you are sticking with a 24 kWh pack.

Back