Free XM Again

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjeff said:
cwerdna said:
It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-siriusxm-free-nov-22-dec-3-sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.
Thanks :) I'll pass it on to my family members. I personally can't stand to listen to XM, at least in my Leaf. It's so shrill and lacking in bass it hurts my ears :? Don't get me wrong, I like the selection, particularly the 60s, 70s and 80s channels along with the album rock channel but I just can't get past the shrillness for music I really like. For something not too demanding like background Christmas music it's ok.

Have you tried adjusting the sound in the audio menu? That is especially effective with Leafs equipped with the Bose sound system. The default is set to produce little base and lots of treble.

LeftieBiker said:
jjeff said:
cwerdna said:
It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-siriusxm-free-nov-22-dec-3-sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.
Thanks :) I'll pass it on to my family members. I personally can't stand to listen to XM, at least in my Leaf. It's so shrill and lacking in bass it hurts my ears :? Don't get me wrong, I like the selection, particularly the 60s, 70s and 80s channels along with the album rock channel but I just can't get past the shrillness for music I really like. For something not too demanding like background Christmas music it's ok.

Have you tried adjusting the sound in the audio menu? That is especially effective with Leafs equipped with the Bose sound system. The default is set to produce little base and lots of treble.
Yes on both my '13S without Bose and also '12SL again without Bose I've tried lowering the treble and slightly increasing the bass. It's not that I want thumping bass and both vehicles sound good listening to FM or a CD. Now that XM is available again I should listen to it in my mother's '13 SL w/Bose to hear how it sounds. I do know hers sounds better with FM and CD than either of mine but I've never heard it on XM.

I received snail mail about it being free from June 25 to July 6.

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen confirms it being free thru July 6.

cwerdna said:

Such a funny little Easter egg on this car. Thank you for sharing the notification.

coleafrado said:
cwerdna said:

Such a funny little Easter egg on this car. Thank you for sharing the notification.

I've found if you save a favorite artist on XM, you'll always know when they are running a free listen.

An email from Nissan One To One Rewards ("Your Rewards Update + Heisman House Sweepstakes") mentions that SiriusXM free listening is happening Nov 19 thru Dec 1. Not clear if it's Nissan-specific or applies to more/all automakers.

When I bought mine, I seriously considered asking how much extra they would charge me to delete the free trial and not send any contact information to Sirius XM.

And when Sirius XM did (inevitably) contact me, I told them what they could do with their service.

These "free to everyone who has a compatible XM radio" offers are nice and I applaud the people who post them, I generally pass the info on to friends and family. Not so to the "give me your CC and you can get xx months free" and you have to call, everything else like signing up you can do via email but NOT the offers where you give them your CC#(or at least it was that way the one and only time I tried it) and calling that number they generally just hang up on you or the hold times are incredibly long! Again I tried it once but never again, I ended up wasting probably an hour to get my service canceled as once they have your CC they will keep billing you until you tell them not to. Like Comcast(Xfinity) they are a scummy company ripe with scams and I'd never knowingly give them a penny of my money.....note as Xfinity is my only choice for streaming internet I have to work with the devil but they are frequently trying to screw me which requires long drawn out phone calls where no one seems to know anything :roll:

TIL it might be free via another post.

After a Google search, I found https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen which currently says "Listen Free Now Thru Dec. 6".

jjeff said:
These "free to everyone who has a compatible XM radio" offers are nice and I applaud the people who post them, I generally pass the info on to friends and family. Not so to the "give me your CC and you can get xx months free" and you have to call, everything else like signing up you can do via email but NOT the offers where you give them your CC#(or at least it was that way the one and only time I tried it) and calling that number they generally just hang up on you or the hold times are incredibly long! Again I tried it once but never again, I ended up wasting probably an hour to get my service canceled as once they have your CC they will keep billing you until you tell them not to. Like Comcast(Xfinity) they are a scummy company ripe with scams and I'd never knowingly give them a penny of my money.....

Good to know the "Columbia House" business model lives on....
q7RIfhQ.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
I wish they'd use the "Record Club of America" business model, instead.

Not being allowed to cancel your “free” service for any reason is a bit of a bummer

Wow, 4 different formats from Columbia House!
Records-which I had many
8-tracks-only had a small handful
Cassettes-due to low quality I had even less pre-recorded cassettes than 8-tracks but I did have hundreds I copied from LPs to quality tapes and recorded with a quality cassette recorder, mostly Sony 3-head decks but towards the end I picked up a used Nakamichi whose recordings were almost indistinguishable from the master LP.
Reel to reel-really before my time I might have had a handful of recorders but never really used them other than for playing around with, I didn't even realize you could purchase pre-recorded reel to reel tapes, other than lectures I've never seen a music pre-recorded reel to reel, they must have been rare.

Back