Has Anyone Installed a Center Headrest on a US 1st Gen LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalJF

Anyone???
imgres

Hi All. Newbie here to the forum with a 2017 Nissan LEAF 30kw. Nissan skimped on the US version by not including a removable headrest of the middle passenger of the backseat. How this managed to pass NHTSA standards is beyond me, but that's another topic. Has anyone installed this themselves or hired an upholstery shop to install it for them?

I found a website with instructions for the Chevy Bolt (see below), but I was unsuccessful in finding anything for the LEAF.
https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/how-to-add-the-rear-seat-center-headrest.41855/

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
SoCalJF

There has been imported a number of Leafs from the US to Norway over the years and exactly this issue was one of the reasons for why I didn't buy a US-spec version when I bought my Leaf a few years back. With 3 kids, I had some concern over this.

Anyway, I looked into it then and found that the easiest way would be to swap the rear seat back over from a Euro-spec Leaf. Although I never did this myself, I do know of at least one or two owners of US-spec Leafs in Norway that did it this way to get a center headrest in their cars. I do however see that getting hold of a Euro-spec rear seat back may be a little bit difficult if you are based in the US...

The seat frames look similar so there might be a possibility for attaching a center head rest there, but I don't know for sure.

By the way, I don't know if it is important, but the center head rest on the Euro-spec Leafs has a different part number than the two others.

Kaiat - thank you for your response! You're right. I suspect it will be very challenging to find a Euro version of the back seat in the US and ultimately, it would not be worth the trouble or the expense (even though Nissan just replaced my battery with a 40kw). Bottom-line is that the US version is only suitable for 4 people.

Back