iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we definite that the speaker is on the drivers side? Thought there used to be 2 with one on the passenger side? I have a new 23 and the backup noise is an issue in my quiet neighborhood. Saw someone with an older model unplug it, anyone try that with the 2023? I’ve gotten into Leafspy, but doesn’t do anything when you toggle off the VSP. Help!!

I have a '21 LEAF with a BT OBDII and LeafSpy Pro. Works great.

Am going to go scout a '16 LEAF. Have a second OBDII that I'll plug into it to get info. This car may wind up coming home.

Here's my question: what does LeafSpy do when confronted with a second vehicle, as described above? If it's not maintaining state, I can see it making no difference. If it is, is it per VIN, per dongle BTADDR, ...? I can drag along a second phone for the eval testing, but steady state, what behavior should I expect using one instance of LeafSpy with more than one LEAF? I can't find this discussed anywhere.

--Richard

You don't need a second phone at all. IIRC, you need to re-pair the bluetooth to LSP if you use a different dongle but with the same dongle, just plug it in and it should work. LSP will read and display the VIN and all the other usual information. I don't log any LSP data so I don't know how that works but for basic stuff, it's plug and play.

FWIW, I use Android. I just saw the title of the thread so if iOS is different sorry about the spam.

I'm trying to save LeafSpy images from an iPhone to a MacbookPro using Finder and dragging files to Dropbox. All I see on the LeafSpy files listed from my phone are .txt and .csv files and the only file of any size the HVAC_Data.txt at 261 kb. I can open that file in Dropbox but of course it's a text file. I'm looking to save LeafSpy screen images. Any help greatly appreciated.

"The only difference between science and just doing cool **** is writing it down."

Does Leafspy works with a 2023 Leaf ? My obd2 was working fine with my 2019 and now battery reading doesn’t make any sense…

Ok thx LeftieBiker. Do I have to reset anything to use it with a new car? Triplog is deactivated and it does not read odo and battery data (soc 275%…)

Where do I find Leafspy Android support.
I have a 6 bar 2011 Nissan Leaf, and LeafSpy Lite works great with my LELink OBD-II adapter.
I purchased LeafSpy Pro, and there's no support for Bluetooth LE at all, and I can't get it to connect.

Where is support done for this app?

Hi folks. After big update of Leafspy pro on the iOS. TPMS start learning doesn’t work. It doesn’t reset previous sensors ( in the summer wheels ) so it can’t be learned to sensors in the winters wheels

Hi folks. After big update of Leafspy pro on the iOS. TPMS start learning doesn’t work. It doesn’t reset previous sensors ( in the summer wheels ) so it can’t be learned to sensors in the winters wheels
I confirm and experience same problem (posted separate thread). I was trying to downgrade to previous version on iOs but seems Turbo didn’t leave it available to downgrade in appstore. Awaiting fixed version hope shortly.

LeafSpy Pro is now available from the Apple App Store.

Use this link to go directly to the App Store listing for Leaf Spy Pro:
‎LeafSpy Pro

Use this thread to report problems and ask questions about the iOS version of LeafSpy Pro.

Runs only on iOS version 7.1 or greater. Requires a WiFi OBDII Adapter to connect to your Leaf.
I had LeafSpy pro, but I lost my Apple ID so I no longer have access to the app. I really don’t want to have to purchase again. Any ideas?

Hi, I have purchased the latest Leafspy Pro on IOS. 2.0.0(10) ios 17.3.7

Tire sensors are not working. Got a JDM 2014 Leaf. Is there something special I need to do?

Alternate mode switch doesn't move when I tap it either.

Do I need to ask for a code for testflight to get the latest beta version? Or is that no longer a thing?

With Nissan announcing that the carwings app will be junked from the 1st of April in the UK , this leaves a lot of people with no way of turning the heating on remotely.

Now I was thinking if the Leaf spy app could be extended to access the heating controls via a Wi-Fi dongle, the problem I can see from using a Bluetooth dongle is that the range is too short at around two meters unless it could be amplified somehow.

Last edited:
Tried out a couple of Bluetooth adapters when I got my 22" SV+, but no success with them and LeafSpy Pro. Been using a wifi adapter since, but sometimes takes a while to connect. Anyone find a good Bluetooth adapter, that works reliably?

Tried out a couple of Bluetooth adapters when I got my 22" SV+, but no success with them and LeafSpy Pro. Been using a wifi adapter since, but sometimes takes a while to connect. Anyone find a good Bluetooth adapter, that works reliably?
In the leafspy pro help docs it lists the Lelink^2 OBDII dongle. It's the best one out of 4 I've tried. I should have read the docs earlier. It's the one to get. Get the ^2 as it has a low power mode so you can keep it plugged in all the time and it will not drain your 12v battery. Make sure you set it for the Lelink^2 in the leafspy settings area.

So I tried again today to detect my TPMS sensors by setting all four tires to the stated different PSI levels and driving for 5-10 minutes at above 15 mph. No change to the color. Stays yellow. I guess this means my TPMS sensors are dead or not even present in the used 2014 JDM Leaf I just bought?

Is there a way to tell? A way to reset the the entire TPMS system and start fresh?

I did t even know it was new. I just went to the App Store and there was LeafSpy lite and LeafSpy pro. I chose the Bluetooth dongle, bought the one suggested by the instructions (though I understand it is no longer the cheapest it was $30, but I understand there are ones that work that are $20) and did as instructed. Everything worked fine. I don’t really understand it, but it seemed to work ok. I mostly got it to see if my battery was Ok. I’m still not really sure, but I saw some screen shots from people who said their battery was nearly gone, and mine did not look like theirs, so my guess is it’s a’aight. More-or-less. There are blue bars and red bars. My red bars were a lot longer than the blue bars, but it varied. On the batteries that were almost done the blue bars and the red bars were almost even. Maybe that just means the thing was charged. Not sure.looks like this:

1710052472200.png
I do kind of wonder why there are occasional long blue bars

Last edited:
Back