Key FOBs for 2023 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
I just want to let everyone know if you need a Key FOB for a Leaf newer than 2020 that the 2020 FOB will program fine and the emergency key blank is the same.

Nissan wants $203 for a FOB for a 2023 Leaf. I purchased 2 brand new never used Nissan OEM FOBs for a 2020 Leaf from https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ for $89 each with emergency keys and the dealer was able to program the fob and cut the keys for a single $150 fee for both.

The Nissan part number for the 2023 FOB is 285E35SA1C , where the fob for a 2020 is 285E35SA1A. The last digit is different. Visually the only difference is the Nissan logo is shiny finish on the 2020 and Matt finish on the 2023 OEM fob. If you look at the FCC numbers and manufacture name on both they are the same.

I always get 2 extra fobs for all my cars. I key a spare in a key lock box at our house and at our cabin. That way if I lose a key or lock one in a car I’m not SOL.

Thanks for this info. I purchased a fob for my son for his 2020 Leaf--we bought the car in May (used) and it only came with one fob. I found a guy who comes to you to program it (convenient!) for $120. This will be a Christmas present.

I also bought the little vinyl covers for all of our fobs.

Back