Looking for independent auto service for 100K mile 2011 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azrael1234

Hello,

I'm trying to find an independent auto servicer for my 2011 100K mile Leaf. Starting to hear a lot of squeaking in the car (shocks). I've never really brought the car in for service, and have just been changing tires, and brake fluid (as it got chunky about mid way through). Everything runs great though!

I don't want to go to the dealer, as I know they'll fleece me. I live in Orange County, CA. Just seeing if anybody has had any luck with an independent servicer in the area.

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't live in California so I have zero first hand knowledge of this company. However, for what it's worth, they seem to have good reviews:

https://www.normreeves.com/electric-vehicle-repair-service-near-orange-county-ca/

Hopefully someone else, who lives in your area, will have a better suggestion.

alozzy said:
I don't live in California so I have zero first hand knowledge of this company. However, for what it's worth, they seem to have good reviews:

https://www.normreeves.com/electric-vehicle-repair-service-near-orange-county-ca/

Hopefully someone else, who lives in your area, will have a better suggestion.

Unfortunately that's a chain. I called up Nissan service and they quoted me $900 to do 100K service. The car is only worth $2K...

Unlike an ICE vehicle, I don't think there's any part of a Leaf powertrain that will go bad in 100K miles (outside of expected battery degradation).

All of the maintenance you're likely to need or want - reduction gear fluid change, brake fluid change, brake pads/rotor change, coolant change, shock/strut change, or even axles, CV joints, wheel bearings, etc - are things that any mechanic can do for you.

So, unless you think there's something wrong with your inverter or motor. I don't think you need to seek out a specialized EV mechanic.

When one of the rear shocks of my former '13 Leaf began leaking enough oil that I could see drops on the ground, I brought it a local indie shop that focuses on Asian imports (they specifically list Japanese brands). I'm pretty sure it was a lot less $ than what my local dealer wanted.

Back