Official Shell Recharge ex Greenlots Network topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew Shell was adding EV charging stations in Europe but now it sounds like they will do the same in North America. Good news!!

Noticed some new sites in Nevada on Plugshare, either Open or Coming soon.

Open: Carlin and Wells, NV on I-80. Check-ins on Plugshare don't inspire confidence for either of them.

Coming Soon: The Border Inn, Baker, NV. This site is important for people going to/from Great Basin NP. It's on U.S. 50 at the NV/UT border rather than in downtown Baker (the gateway town to G.B.N.P.) about 5 miles SW, but it'll be the only FC site in the area when open. From the Border Inn it's just over 24 miles to Wheeler Peak campground (9,500') at the road end in Great Basin N.P (BTDT). The photo on Plugshare shows two maybe dual standard FCs under what appears to be a solar canopy; at least, there are two connectors per charger. The photo looks a bit odd, as the canopy appears to be providing virtually zero shade.

There's also a Motel/RV campground in Baker that offers two J1772s and single Nema 14-50 and Wall receptacles, but apparently they charge you a $30 campsite fee to charge or else you pay for a motel room + $10, so you pretty much have to stay there.

The next nearest FC is 63 miles west in Ely, a single 50kW Shell Recharge CCS/CHAdeMO, and it's both expensive ($5 +$0.50/kWh) and per check-ins unreliable. From the southeast the nearest FC site is an EA in Beaver, UT (117 mi.), and from the east an EA in Scipio, UT (129 mi.) The CCS at the latter are currently shown as under repair. An FC site is needed closer to the park in either Delta (ca. 90 miles from the Border Inn) or Hinckley, UT (ca. 85 mi.). There're no services in Hinckley other than a gas station; in Delta there's a grocery store plus a couple of restaurants and fast food places, and depending on the car you might be able to make the round trip from Delta to the campground if the Baker FC were u/s, if you weren't using A/C or heat or fighting strong headwinds.

Back