2018 Leaf SL TPMS sensors?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jef said:
I've ordered these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-TPMS-Sensors-Rubber-Snap-In-433MHz-for-Nissan-Leaf-2017-2018-Dec-17/332732451247?fits=Year%3A2018%7CModel%3ALeaf%7CMake%3ANissan&hash=item4d786649af:g:TeYAAOSwLpxbWPjW:rk:1:pf:0

Will have them installed in a few days. I'll let you know if there are any problems!

Any luck with this? I have 4 Autel 315/433 MX sensors as well as the pad to program. I have not been able to get the original ID's of the factory sensors so I could clone them and then ideally switching winter to summer tires will be seamless. I tried to get the ID's from leaf spy pro but haven't had any success with it.

Did you try lowering the air pressure at the tires? That worked for me and then I could see them on the pad and laptop to clone them.

Could someone walk me through (or link me to) pairing new TPMS sensors with my 2018 Leaf (with Juke wheels), using LeafSpy Pro? I'll be doing that a week from Tuesday. Also, tips on how to physically install them in the wheels myself would be appreciated. I'll be using a mobile tire service, but saving $60+ by doing the TPMS work myself.

Hello, I have just joined the forum and I too have a TPMS pairing question. I am over in the UK and I Just bought a second-hand 2019 Leaf which has no reading from its rear right tyre. I have found the list of TPMS sensor IDs from the Leaf Spy Pro service menu:

FL = DB1828E
FR = DB18394
RR = 9674D5F
RL = DB183F9

This shows the RR sensor is odd, so it has perhaps been changed in the past, but is not sending in data. I can get a new sensor pre-programmed for a Leaf for £23 which I am prepared to pay and I have a friendly tyre place that I am sure would fit it. However, if I buy it, how will I remove the existing sensor from the system and pair the new one?

I hope someone can help please.

Best wishes,

Roy

You need to dismount the tire or at least break the bead completely on one side. The TPMS sensor usually has a nut on the inside of the tire that you need to access to remove or install it.

Thanks, goldbrick, for your kind reply, however my question is about the issue of removing and pairing the sensors with the car's computer system, rather than the mechanics of replacing them in the tyre itself.

Best wishes,

Roy

I'm not sure I understand your question but the sensors and the parts that communicate with the computers in the car are built into the valve and to replace those, you need to open the tire as mentioned.

Once the new sensor/valve assemblies are installed in the rims, you can use either an external pairing tool or possibly LeafSpyPro to match the sensors with the car. I think the procedure and capabilities vary by model year and certainly do by brand so it's hard to say exactly what is required.

Any decent tire store should have the equipment to match the sensors to the car or I think on some newer models LeafSpyPro can do it. When I replaced the TPMS sensors on my 2017 S (US model) I matched the new sensors to the car with an Autel tool.

There are also sensors that are 'cloneable' meaning that you can program the new sensors to have the exact serial numbers, etc of the old sensors so no programming on the car is needed. The car will never know that the TPMS sensors were changed since they broadcast the same information as the old sensors. The mechanics to clone sensors varies by mfg but it is another option.

I have never done it but in Leaf Spy Pro it has a "enable tire registration" which I would assume lets the car learn the new sensors.

I did a clone of the stock tires, basically scanning the existing ones, and the new clonable ones match the existing four tires. Then I put those in my snow tires so I can swap them and the car never knows the tires were changed. No messing with relearn procedures, but if that button works like it should in Leaf Spy Pro, it would be relatively easy.

I did it with LeafSpy Pro, but can't remember exactly how. The procedure involves taking several drives, each with one tire a few psi lower than the rest. I think that it will also just learn them eventually in any case...

RoyHarrison said:
However, if I buy it, how will I remove the existing sensor from the system and pair the new one?

Hi Roy,

I'll speak to my experience with 2018 Leaf. In theory, the car will automatically recognize and program it on its own after several drives. If that does not work, you can use leaf spy to put the car into relearn mode. If that does not work, most bigger tires shops have TPMS tool designed for Nissan/Japanese cars and can pair it for you.

When I purchased a set of 4 of these "Moresensor 433MHz KX-S104-4 " via Amazon, my Leaf automatically recognized them after several drives.

Let us know what works for you.
Good luck

Many thanks to all of you who have posted such helpful replies. It looks like the LEAF is likely to pick up the new sensor on its own or the LeafSpyPro "Enable Tyre Registration" will do the trick. On the basis of this, I will purchase the new sensor and get it installed and see how it goes.

Best wishes,

Roy

So, to finish my little chapter in this thread, which is overall a learning experience for me with TPMS, which is all new to me, my wife suggested I just took the car to the tyre garage to see if they could sort it out. Of course they could! They had a device to pick up the reading from each individual tyre if held in close proximity. They concurred that the rear right was sending no signal. They took the tyre off and discovered that the original sensor had at some point been snapped off and discarded so there was no sensor. They stocked unprogrammed sensors so they programmed one for the LEAF and installed it. They set the TPMS system into "learn" mode as they put it, which I guess is the "enable tyre registration" mode that Leaf spy offers. I drove the car for about three miles and all the pressures appeared. Now I understand!

For your amusement, it was just as well that this tyre came off as the tyre people discovered it had been driven as a flat for some distance by the previous owner as it had substantial internal rim marks, so I had to replace the tyre too.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped educate me about TPMS and how the LEAF learns about its new sensors.

Best wishes,

Roy

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update. It's always nice for folks in the future who are looking into problems to know how they were solved.

Back