CA Prop 30

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrjones

Okay CA peeps, we have Prop 30 coming up. As many have recently (probably) heard, our Governor has come out AGAINST the measure, saying it was basically written by Lyft to help them afford EVs aka corporate welfare. The truth? I have linked the measure below. The actual wording is like 27 pages but the highlights sure make it look like it does a lot more than help Lyft. Even if Lyft did help write it, it could be a case of doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. Newsom points out CA has or is investing 10 billion in charging but my response to that is: MORE MORE MORE. If we indeed have or will spend 10 billion in 2022 I have no idea where it went; apparently, not near me. The only new EV charging stations this year near me were Rivian and Tesla V3. Thoughts?

Some highlights:

Income Tax Authorization: New income tax on individuals with income over $2 million

Creation of the Clean Cars and Clean Air Trust Fund: Revenue allocation

Zero-Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Investment Plan Sub-Fund: Purpose of sub-fund

Zero-Emission Vehicle and Clean Mobility Sub-Fund: Purpose of sub-fund

Wildfire Green House Gas Emissions Reduction Sub-Fund: Purpose of sub-fund

Other initiative provisions: Continuous fund appropriation and cap on administrative costs

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_30,_Tax_on_Income_Above_$2_Million_for_Zero-Emissions_Vehicles_and_Wildfire_Prevention_Initiative_(2022)

Back