I got tired of waiting for my EV, and bought a used Leaf Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarriO

Hi all,

I'm a new member here. My wife and I signed up for a couple wait lists back in the beginning of this year, around February-March. Most enthusiastically we though we'd like to get the Hyundai Ioniq5. We also signed up for the Fisker Ocean. And back then at least the Hyundai dealer assured us that the wait time for delivery would be 6-9 months, not longer.

Since then, although not from the dealer, I started to get the sense that we would be waiting for much, much longer. Most likely 2 years if not 3 for the model/trim we'd ordered. And I didn't like the lack of clarity and transparency from Hyundai in the process. For a while, I accepted I'd have to just wait and watch my gas car slowly lose most of its trade-in value. Eventually though I found a used 2019 Leaf Plus. We bought it, have been driving it for a bit over a month now, and like it!

I've made a review of the car here: https://youtu.be/k_uW7FCbPxw. There are quite a few reviews of the Leaf on YouTube, but I thought I could give some Canadian perspective, and add and improve my content over time. I have plans to add a hitch, a roof rack, go on longer road trips, etc that I will document on video as well.

Back