Prices in NorCal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

en11

Any tips how to get reasonably priced LEAF in NorCal?

The two dealers in San Jose ask 10k over MSRP. Others are $4.5k to $7.5k over.

New or late model used? I know a few tricks, but they may not apply to this Nutty market. My best guess is to find a dealer with high turnover who gets an occasional Leaf but isn't interested in them. Then, watch for a somewhat homely car, with one of the less popular colors like Super Black or Gunmetal Grey. Make a cash offer, but don't sound eager. Sound like you won't care a bit if they refuse. You might at least get a somewhat lower quote from an eager salescritter.

Checkout from Mossy Nissan in San Diego. They have a policy of no overage above MSRP. You can fly down and then drive back home over 2 days staying somewhere in between. I had very good buying experience with this dealership. Good luck.

Might be able to do it in one... if it's a Plus.

I drove the '22 Niro EV I'm leasing from Carlsbad Kia to the Bay Area in one and I took highway 99 (lots more DC FC choices there including some free ones at https://dot.ca.gov/news-releases/news-release-2021-001). I used an auto broker and that broker didn't ship. Was 450 miles.

I started with a full charge and DC FCed 3 times, two on free DC FCs, so they weren't the fastest (Niro EV can hit about 70 kW).

I have been looking around California as well - even talked with Mossy - they don't have anything in stock - claim they have a long list of people waiting for the few cars they have in transit to them.

They seem to be better about price - but I was getting some push back from them as well. They were saying they would sell me one only if I bought the full maintenance add-on. The story was corporate was getting on them because every other Nissan dealer in the state is adding $5K+ to $10k to the MSRP

The story was corporate was getting on them because every other Nissan dealer in the state is adding $5K+ to $10k to the MSRP

I'm not an attorney but to the extent that the dealers are independent operators, this sounds a lot like like price fixing to me and could be in violation of various FTC regulations.

Back