2018 Leaf - Goodbye?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see us buying a Chevy or VW...but that is just a personal choice, really don't like either brand.

If it is not going to be a new LEAF then we would probably want something a bit bigger.

With the new 2022 EV Tax rules now in effect, I still think the LEAF would qualify this year. I am not sure how it will be in 2023 yet.

For this year we would qualify for the Fed tax break. There are also several local and sate incentives that bring the price down to a more manageable price. I think the LEAF is still overpriced.

We did some shopping all around California - we had a couple of dealers quote $10K over MSRP...that is just crazy! :shock:

We did some shopping all around California - we had a couple of dealers quote $10K over MSRP...that is just crazy! :shock:

Which begs the question - why are you looking to upgrade in todays car market?

Why not wait 6 months, as inflation is deflating the economy and the car prices are unsustainable - just a matter of time for new car prices to drop back to MSRP or cheaper. Supply and demand - people who can barely afford their mortgages don't buy new cars...

Well, my Leaf is gone.

Carvana dude came, took a few photos, told me it was in great shape, i signed the title copy and a few lines of their paperwork, he handed me a check.

Super easy. I can't believe they paid me more than the amount I paid in 2019.

Now I just have to wait for our ID4.

Little sad to see it go but life keeps moving forward.

danrjones said:
Now I just have to wait for our ID4.

When it's the expected delivery? Nm. I saw you said Q4 in the other thread. I ordered an ID4 at the be of January. Last month, it finally gave me a chance to lock in my order for an additional $400. I haven't done anything yet so it will be cancelled. I'm sure a lot of people will cancel their 22s and wait for the 23s built in America.

danrjones said:
I can't believe they paid me more than the amount I paid in 2019.

I was paid about 30% more than I paid for our LEAF in Dec 2016. We'll see if I do anywhere near as well when I sell my Tesla, which I pick up this week.

Triggerhappy007 said:
When it's the expected delivery? Nm. I saw you said Q4 in the other thread. I ordered an ID4 at the be of January.

Good question... all I know is they say Q4. But considering some have been waiting 6+ months already, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Ideally end of October or November would work for me. I have to wait until October before I can apply for an air district rebate, and while I'm pretty sure the 2023 ID4 will qualify for the tax credit now - not sure come Jan 2023 due to battery requirements. The pack is SKI, which is south korea - but I have no idea where the minerals are from.

We sold our 2018 this past weekend to Carvana as well...

We are no longer LEAF owners - so I won't be visiting the site very often. We ended up buying a "CPO" Used Tesla Model 3 from Tesla...car is quite a bit different than the LEAF and we are just learning all about it. Price for the used Model 3 wasn't much more than a 2023 SV+ at MSRP (no one in Nor Cal will sell at MSRP at the moment).

evtifosi said:
We sold our 2018 this past weekend to Carvana as well...

We are no longer LEAF owners - so I won't be visiting the site very often. We ended up buying a "CPO" Used Tesla Model 3 from Tesla...car is quite a bit different than the LEAF and we are just learning all about it. Price for the used Model 3 wasn't much more than a 2023 SV+ at MSRP (no one in Nor Cal will sell at MSRP at the moment).

Congrats on the Tesla. You will love it I’m sure.

Comparing a 23 Leaf price to a used CPO Tesla model 3 has to consider tax credits. The Tesla doesn’t qualify for tax credits where a new 23 Leaf does.

We just traded our 2020 SL+ for a 2023 SV+. After trade in value, military incentive, all fees, and tax credits, the net difference cost to us was about the cost of 2 diesel fill ups on our Ford F-350.

I’m not knocking Tesla. I have a new Model Y on order with expected delivery of 12/31-2/15. Hopefully Tesla will qualify for some federal tax rebate after 1/1/23.

We test drove a Nissan Ariya a few months ago. The sales rep said their competition is Tesla model Y. The Y is a much better car in my opinion.

Back