Anyone having trouble with NissanConnect the past few days?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztev

For several days now, the Nissan EV Services app has not wanted to update the status of my vehicle. Typically I could still use it to turn on my climate control, but today I keep getting a message that it can't reach my vehicle, and to assure it's in an area with cell reception. It's parked in my driveway like always, so I'm wondering if it's an issue on Nissan's end.

Mine has been fine until around 9am PST. It’s acting up now and since then. Locking the doors works but that’s about it. I sent an email to support. If it’s still acting up tomorrow I’ll call the support line. I’m not getting any error messages. It’s just not updating the range or State of Charge.

It is definitely a problem on Nissan's end, not the cell reception of the Leaf. If you try to use the website to do the same functions (check charge level, climate control, etc.) then it gets a generic error like this.

Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.d7200117.1641515906.d1423235

If it doesn't work on the website, the app, which is also accessing the website is probably not going to work either.

LeftieBiker said:
No big deal, but a topic or two for this issue already exist. I'll wait a day or so, then move this one there.

I can only imagine the moderation headaches every-time the site goes down... :shock:

Mine stopped working a few days ago and I believe I can attribute it to the fact that the car was plugged in and I inadvertently hit the climate control button. I received a message that an error has occurred. The only reason I believe this to be when it began was because I was at the dealership today and I let a salesman take it for an appraisal (looking to turn over this slightly new leaf --see what I did there?) And thought it'd turn the climate control on as it sat parked. Unknown to me, the salesman had plugged the car back in and I received an error message, but interestingly enough, the range finally updated.

While I assume no liability, try connecting the car to a charger and try turning on the AC via the app, and see if an error is reported.

Then last couple of times I used the app, the refreshed SOC was the same as the previous one it recorded - even though it wasn't. I gave up after two or three tries. The climate control remote start was still working, though.

It’s been out for a week or so until today. The app updated and I assume the servers as well because it was offline for a bit (couldn’t log in). When I was able to login earlier, things seemed faster than before. However, looks like the servers are down right now again. Hopefully back up tomorrow.

Back up and working well for me. Refresh of battery SoC faster than before. Even car location seems faster.

LeftieBiker said:
Then last couple of times I used the app, the refreshed SOC was the same as the previous one it recorded - even though it wasn't. I gave up after two or three tries. The climate control remote start was still working, though.

I've found that if you just escape the app (tap home and leave the app running in the background), it will generally hang on the prior reading. I have to tap the "back" button on my Android until it tells me to tap it one more time to exit. When I open a fresh new session, it updates.

I stopped receiving plug-in reminders and charging status notifications several days ago. I thought maybe it was because I ignored the emails I have been receiving about renewing the premium features such as remote locking/unlocking (work through Sirius XM) that I never use. I could still start climate control remotely, but would not get status feedback. I assume the renewal notifications started because I have owned the car for over 3 years now. I finally logged in to my Nissan ConnectEV account today and cleared notifications, saved changes, checked notifications, saved changes, and checked mobile phone and email contact settings. I received an unplugged near charging station message after that refresh of settings so I think I have my account fixed. I am sure it was something on their servers. It did force me to update the EV Connect app on my iPhone when I tried to check status after checking/refreshing the account settings.

Back