250,000 All Electric miles on my Nissan LEAFs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing much. It's the dreaded "topic drift." It began with someone accusing the original poster of driving too much for the environment, and deteriorated from there.

Exactly. Threads run away from the topic. It happens. Regardless of the "greenness" of driving a Leaf 250k miles, it is still impressive. It also proves that the Leaf can be a very durable car, despite all of the battery issues along the way.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Tonight I will be rolling over 100,000 miles on my second LEAF. The first Nissan LEAF having gone in excess of 150,000 miles brings me to a quarter of a million all electric miles.

This has been nearly mechanically perfect - the only issue was the power window switch on the 2011 and the blue finish has cracked off the hood emblem on the 2014. Other than that - both have their original brakes, one set of tires on the 2011 and no other maintenance needed. There aren't many ICE drivers that can attest to such a trouble free experience.

In December 2013, I was recognized by Washington Governor Inslee and Nissan NA representatives as the first driver in the US and likely the world to reach 100,000 miles on a mass produced all electric vehicle. Now I have hit that milestone again. My original intention for going all electric was to save money. At 30MPG the electricity works out to less than $0.90 per gallon equivalent. So what haven't I used? Some 8,000 gallons of gasoline yielding a savings of nearly $18,000.

In early 2014, it wasn't possible to purchase a new battery which is why I didn't replace the 2011's. They were only available for warranty replacement which isn't why I needed one. While I was completing my promise to reach 150,000 on the 2011, Nissan started their replacement program.

The 2014 battery appears to be holding up fairly similar to the 2011 at 100,000 miles. GID count is 219. Still good enough to get me each way in my 125 mile round trip commute even on dark rainy nights.
That's very impressive.
8,333 gallons of gasoline(250k miles at 30mpg) is closer to $25,000 in fuel. I suppose $25,000 minus electricity costs is where you get $18,000?
:D

I'm contemplating selling my 2016 mainly over battery replacement cost concerns... My commute is 80 miles so I completely cycle the pack every day. You cycle yours twice a day to get 125 miles.

Just a head's up. His 2014 broke a pin on the J-1772 charging port so can only QC or do level 1. Don't know how much it would be to fix it but has decided its time to start a new chapter.

He picks up his Model 3 this weekend.

209,200 USA miles after 5 years, 4 months.
2017 Nissan Leaf SL. * Orginal 30 kwh battery pack. Recharged 7,522 times.
Nissan Simply Amazing.
#Danthedrivingman
Google me:
DANDANTHEDRIVINGMAN

As of August 15th, 2022, my 2017, 30 killowatt ***Original battery*** pack has now been driven, over 211,000 USA miles
for kilowatts: multiple miles;
1 mile times × 1.609=Kilometers
Google:
#DANDANTHEDRIVINGMAN
#Danthedrivingman
[email protected]
For more information
Go.to:
EVTV.ME. 📺 👀
on UTUBE
of Cape Girardeau, Missouri. U.S.A.
stay tuned