Findings with my new 2022 SV Plus and Carplay and Crackling sounds

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the info on what they upgraded? Does it show the version on the service ticket? On my leaf I’m at software version 0347. I tried to update it over the air but perhaps they are doing it at dealships only?
If you could see what you have I can at least ask for it correctly if I take it in.

Appreciate any addt info :)

Immediately talked to our dealer and confirmed an appointment for a couple weeks from now. I AM SO HOPEFUL!!! Good to know that “under engineering review” status was apparently truthful.

New software version 0354

NTB22-058

Thanks for the info shared on FB which I’m echoing here. Will be calling the dealership on Monday!

Scotte:
Would you be willing to let us know what dealership you worked with? Or what city state? I just called my dealership to see if I could get the update and they seemed bewildered. Having some more information (even a specification--invoice) would be great. But of course you would want to protect your privacy. Not sure how to proceed.
Mark

scotte said:
Letting it be known Nissan informed me an updated CarPlay was available. I visited my dealership and had them do the free update. It has been flawless.

Nissan also considers it public release so all dealerships should have it.

I have a 2022 SV Plus.

Also addresses car not seeing your phone. I have two generic usb cables and CarPlay started instantly. No audio issues anymore, too.

Just wanted to share.

Does anyone have access to the noted TSB?

Would be interesting to learn the details of the bulletin verbatim.

Wasn't able to find a copy of the TSB online, strange given you can find just about all the other ones, including one about the axle clicking during accel/decel which is NTB12-055H and will also be addressed during my service visit today. I will report back how it goes!

It’s an August miracle!! The TSB firmware update definitely solved the static/crackle issue!!! 2 days straight of 100% crackle free performance. The update also happened to change the backup parking sensor beep tone to a higher pitch than before.

Make an appt with your dealer for the latest head unit firmware version per TSB listed in this thread!

thank you SO much for posting this update was available. i rushed down to the dealer last week and got the update and it has fixed not only the carplay crackling issues, but also using microsoft teams for calls no longer crashes the unit.

the jury is still out on the radio station switching bug. I had a bug where i'd set my radio to AM and if i stopped the car and came back to it, it would switch to FM. it annoyed me endlessly.

Happy days!

anyone else notice any other changes?

Anyone have any success solving this issue with a 2023 Leaf? I just got my 2023 Leaf SV Plus and I feel like it happens almost ALL THE TIME!! I traded in my 2018 Leaf SV where it never happened (not even once!), jumped in the 2023 LEAF SV Plus and it happens almost all the time, particularly if I'm driving.

I have software version number 0348, tried the over-the-air update and no luck.

I brought it to the Nissan dealer, gave them the NTB22-058 number and they told me "Sorry, this TSB only applies for 2020-2022 Leafs". They gave me the first page of the TSB but wouldn't give me the other pages (it's aggravating but I am glad they at least gave me one page). There isn't much to the first page, just says it's Classification: AN22-019A, Reference: NTB22-058A and Date: August 5, 2022. It's called "SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR INFOTAINMENT ISSUES". It lists the vehicles as 2020-2022 LEAF (ZE1), lists all 2020-2021 LEAFs and the SV and SL 2022 LEAFs. Then it says that it addresses "Stability improvements and 'bug' fixes". I argued that it's the exact same issue and asked why can't they just put the fix in on my 2023? I can't say I blame them but they said that it isn't approved for the 2023 LEAF so they can't do anything. The dealer said that the version of software on the car (0348) is the latest they have available for the 2023 Leaf. They said that's one of the problems of getting a newly released car. It just frustrates me that Nissan is still delivering cars with software bugs that they have known resolutions to.

I tried changing the data transmission to "Limited" and it made no difference. Also, just so folks are aware, when I changed it to "Limited", all of the EV Nissan Connect things still seem to work (battery state, remote climate control, etc...).

I'm having the same challenge. The dealer (which is where I purchased it) had no clue either. Do you have any ideas for next steps? I'm wondering if calling Nissan Customer Advocacy would be able to help. The LEAF Navi isn't bad but google is better for sure. Just as an FYI, I actually use What3Words App to narrow the location, then have GoogleMaps navigate to that specific location. What3Words is a very cool app that narrows down the location 10' X 10'. It's extremely accurate in its locations.

The 2022 came with 0347, so hopefully Nissan just needs to validate the fix for the 2023. Definitely an area where legacy car makers haven’t adapted to the changing technology landscape.

Finally fixed in 2023 SV Plus!!

I was super frustrated with the incompetent dealer I went to in order to get this fixed originally so I called the salesman that sold me the car to see if he could send me the TSB. He put me in touch with the service manager at his dealership and wow, he was good. I asked him if he could send me the TSB and he held the line that they are specifically instructed to not share them outside of the Nissan dealerships so he couldn't. With that being said, he spent 10 minutes on the phone with me looking through all the documentation and said it looks to him like he couldn't try to update the software if I currently had version 0347 but since mine was version 0348, he said he could give it a shot. He said the worst thing that can happen is he plugs the USB stick in and it just says it's incompatible.

I brought it in today and he fixed it! Apparently these USB stick updates can take 2-3 hours (that still seems super odd to me but that's what he said). It upgraded my software to version 0354. I got in my car, drove for 30 minutes without a single pop! This has never happened before in my car so I'm highly, highly confident it's finally fixed.

I asked the good dealer for some more information on why the other dealer was so far off, he said that he had a version B of the TSB (NTB22-058B) that was released a while ago (note that NTB22-058A was released on 8/5/22 according to the cover sheet I have for the A version) and the version B didn't exclude 2023s at all. One thing to point out is I see something on my invoice that makes it look like NTB22-058B was released 12/19/22 but I don't know if that's just the date I called him so take that with a grain of salt. I also asked him why I couldn't just do an over the air update and he said that the more extensive updates require one of these USB stick upgrades that only the dealer can do.

While I don't have any reason to doubt what this new, competent dealer was telling me, I still am wary to believe everything dealers say to my face. I would have liked to have gotten my hands on the version B of the TSB (even if it was the first page) to stand behind everything I'm saying here but this is the best I can do.

I know most, if not all, dealers immediately stop listening to you if you start with "they say on the internet...". My only suggestion for folks in a similar situation is to say that it seems crystal clear based on what you see online that this is a very simple fix that (as others on this forum have stated) is fixed in version 0354. Maybe you can ask them to see NTB22-058B (as I mentioned, the A version they showed me won't do you any good because it doesn't list model year 2023). And if they still give you a hard time, ask them if they can attempt the update and what's the worst that can happen? It just says it's incompatible? Just my two cents but I'd make sure they still hold the liability if for any reason there is a problem. I am one person saying 0354 absolutely will load on a 2023 Leaf SV Plus. It's so nice to have Apple CarPlay back again and I hope others can as well! Good luck!

hhhockey said:
Anyone have any success solving this issue with a 2023 Leaf? I just got my 2023 Leaf SV Plus and I feel like it happens almost ALL THE TIME!! I traded in my 2018 Leaf SV where it never happened (not even once!), jumped in the 2023 LEAF SV Plus and it happens almost all the time, particularly if I'm driving.

I brought it to the Nissan dealer, gave them the NTB22-058 number and they told me "Sorry, this TSB only applies for 2020-2022 Leafs". They gave me the first page of the TSB but wouldn't give me the other pages (it's aggravating but I am glad they at least gave me one page). There isn't much to the first page, just says it's Classification: AN22-019A, Reference: NTB22-058A and Date: August 5, 2022. It's called "SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR INFOTAINMENT ISSUES". It lists the vehicles as 2020-2022 LEAF (ZE1), lists all 2020-2021 LEAFs and the SV and SL 2022 LEAFs. Then it says that it addresses "Stability improvements and 'bug' fixes". I argued that it's the exact same issue and asked why can't they just put the fix in on my 2023? I can't say I blame them but they said that it isn't approved for the 2023 LEAF so they can't do anything. The dealer said that the version of software on the car (0348) is the latest they have available for the 2023 Leaf. They said that's one of the problems of getting a newly released car. It just frustrates me that Nissan is still delivering cars with software bugs that they have known resolutions to.

I tried changing the data transmission to "Limited" and it made no difference. Also, just so folks are aware, when I changed it to "Limited", all of the EV Nissan Connect things still seem to work (battery state, remote climate control, etc...).

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/documents/NTB22-029.pdf

hhhockey said:

This is the bulletin in full if that helps: https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/documents/NTB22-029.pdf

baloki said:
hhhockey said:

This is the bulletin in full if that helps: https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/documents/NTB22-029.pdf

I appreciate you sending this and that does look like a TSB but not NTB22-058B. Do you have a link to NTB22-058B?

Back