Bluetooth Volume Defaulting to MAX

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztev

When my phone (iPhone 13) connects via bluetooth to my '22 SL+, the volume consistently does something that feels borderline dangerous. Typically, my music will automatically start playing (which I HATE, but that's a story for another day/thread). The music plays at a reasonable volume. However, if I pause the music, then later receive a notification, the volume goes to MAXIMUM and the notification sound is LOUD AF to the point it actually hurts my ears. I then have to turn the volume down manually.

A similar thing often happens after I end a call. The call volume is fine... but for some reason, when a notification arrives later, it goes to the freaking max again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to stop it? I'm about to disable bluetooth altogether, because it seems I hate every default behavior that Apple/Nissan has decided is appropriate.

Thanks for the tip! So I tried reducing my ringer/notification volume in the iphone settings, and noticed that it does also reduce the notification volume via bluetooth; however, I have to put the phone notification volume nearly at the minimum just to get a reasonable volume via bluetooth. Currently I have my phone volume slider 1/10 of the way from the bottom, which still results in BT volume of 22 (out of 35 max). This is still louder than I'd prefer, but at least not ear-damaging. Now the problem is that the phone ringer/notification volume is waaaaay too low when not using BT.

Anyone know of a setting I may have missed in the Leaf that could help with this?

Back