Data Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNeil

Here is a very interesting article about Telsa's data gathering, or spying.
https://spectrum.ieee.org/intelligent-transportation-systems

I know that the Leaf gathers data and reports it, but I don't know how extensive it is. I would be useful for the owner to be able to record what the cameras see. I wish my daughter has a dash cam when se was the victim of a hit and run.

Time to renew my registration. It seams Virginia is more concerned with collecting highway use fees than they are with discouraging CO2 emissions and worldwide dependence on Russian oil. They have a gas tax but also a highway use fee for fuel efficient vehicles.

This is normally a fixed fee, but they can reduce it if you don't drive much, like me. They say that you need to get their device that either reads the odometer through the OBD2 port or uses GPS. Either device depends on an app on your phone to make the transmission. When I signed up for it and they saw I had a Leaf, they said that I don't need the device or the app. They can get the data from Nissan. The fine print says that "data" means mileage, time, location, and whatever else they can get.

I got this email:

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,

We are happy to inform you that your 2021, NISS, LEAF, xxxxxxx is actively reporting mileage.

Thank you,
Virginia's Mileage Choice Program Customer Service Team

Back