Not sure if this is normal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldbrick said:
That's true but the battery current is based on the input power and it will be identical whether that input power is supplied at 120V or 240V.

I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps an example ?

SageBrush said:
goldbrick said:
That's true but the battery current is based on the input power and it will be identical whether that input power is supplied at 120V or 240V.

I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps an example ?

Do you mean to say if L1 is 120V at 10A (1200W) is the same as L2 240V @ 5A (1200W)? Makes sense.
By the way, the Leafs onboard charger takes the 120V (L1) or 240V (L2) @ X amps AC, and converts it to DC: What's the nominal voltage of the battery pack? I don't think I know what that is?

LeftieBiker said:
It's roughly 360 volts. It goes up with a full charge and down as it gets low.

Wow! is that nominal 360V? I wonder how the cells are arranged, parallel / series. Interesting.

That is real 360V. IIRC, 'full charge' is something like 400V. It does pay to be careful if you ever work on the HV battery!

The arrangement is 96S2P.

goldbrick said:
That is real 360V. IIRC, 'full charge' is something like 400V. It does pay to be careful if you ever work on the HV battery!

The arrangement is 96S2P.

hmm.. 3.7V 12,000Ah cells arranged 96Sx2P? Thats quite the layout.

For the 24 kWh battery packs, each module has four ce!ls--two cells in parallel with the two groups in series. Each module has 3 terminals so that voltage across each pair of cells can be measured. There are 48 modules connected in series to create the full pack voltage. Each cell is approximately 33 AHr so two cells in parallel yield approximately 66 AHr capacity when new.

Back