2019 Leaf SL Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennBruce

Any interest in a 2019 Leaf SL Plus that is going off lease on October 23rd?

My Leaf's current mileage is 36,900 so it is out of warranty. The buy out price at the end of lease is $18,462.30.

What you would be paying are my costs in purchasing the Leaf at the end of the lease.

Estimated as follows:

End of Lease buy out: 18,462.30
Sales Tax 1,107.74
Purchase Option Fee 300.00

There may be other dealer imposed costs in the transaction of which I am not aware.

Please note that you would be paying sales tax again when the Leaf is registered to you.

Bruce

Before you sell privately, check how much Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, and Driveway will offer you for your car. I've sold two cars to Carvana and it's been fast and simple.

Unfortunately, Nissan along with Honda and Toyota will not permit selling the car to anyone other than the person on the lease. A possible way around this would be to reassign the lease.

Bruce

NMAC holds the original lessee responsible for the payments made by any subsequent lessees. That makes transferring the lease kind of unappealing, unless the buyout occurs immediately after the transfer.

I'm told that you can't transfer a lease with less than 7 payments left. So that option is out.

Bruce

If you have a firm buyer who is offering more than the buyout+tax and you can come up with the cash, buyout the lease and then sell the car. If I am not mistaken, someone is on the hook for the remaining payments. And if you return the lease, you are on the hook for excess mileage and excess wear and tear.

Here is a Nissan link to information about lease buy-out.
https://www.nissanfinance.com/nmachelp/s/article/Can-I-Purchase-My-Leased-Vehicle?language=en_US#:~:text=If%20you%20decide%20that%20you,and%2For%20other%20miscellaneous%20charges
You should get a quote

By the way, if I am understanding correctly, a person who wants to buy your car could not buy it directly from Nissan. *You* have to buy it, and then sell it. I'm not sure how trust issues would be dealt with if you are buying out the lease with someone else's money but I'd like to hear reasonable approaches. I may be interested if these issues can be sorted.

Where are you located ?

Thanks SageBrush there was good information at the Nissan website about lease end.

Nissan uses a company to do the inspections and the company will come to my location to do the inspection. That's a big plus as I live in the woods in northeastern PA.

Bruce

I never heard back from Bruce here, found his ad on FB marketplace with a very blurry picture of a front end damaged white leaf, and he didn't respond there either before marking it SOLD there. Oh well, probably wasn't as good a deal for the buyer as it sounded, if it needed collision repair.

Back