Leafs being Produced Now? Smyrna Factory status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a "normal" year, new car lots have plenty of cars about to get model year-end discounts.

-- 4 dealerships in my area have a grand total of 2 new Leafs, one they are asking $2,500 over MSRP (!!) , and the other at MSRP. ... and those may not actually exist on the lot, as car dealerships sometimes use web listings as foot-traffic bait only.

Theories why Leafs are rare:

1. High gas prices caused a run on EVs, and the Leaf is one of the most affordable ones to get, with the $7,500 intact.

2. Bolt's fire past has spooked folks away from that competitor (probably unfairly as it stands now, but perception....).

3. Supply chain issues have made the Leaf factory run in short spurts only, which would explain why there are '23 models out there at all.

4. There is a full moon coming.

5. Nissan has been complacent for far too long and now they are having to focus entirely on making the Ariya a financial success (unlikely)

6. Renault has too much control of Nissan, Renault is a crappy company, so Nissan is also a crappy company

It's almost 2024, and, WOW, the Nissan dealerships have a ton of EV's.

One dealership in a Denver suburb has 70 Arriyas and 31 Leafs!

We are back to normal on stock, and certainly this is too much stock. Too 'normal' ! :p

Should be able to get discounts on an Arriya or Leaf, forget Fed tax credits, Nissan will cut prices to be competitive .... you would think.

There has been so much bad press on how 'awful' EVs are in America, that it is feeding back to slow sales even more than higher interest rates and other factors alone can do.

It's almost 2024, and, WOW, the Nissan dealerships have a ton of EV's.

One dealership in a Denver suburb has 70 Arriyas and 31 Leafs!

We are back to normal on stock, and certainly this is too much stock. Too 'normal' ! :p

Should be able to get discounts on an Arriya or Leaf, forget Fed tax credits, Nissan will cut prices to be competitive .... you would think.

There has been so much bad press on how 'awful' EVs are in America, that it is feeding back to slow sales even more than higher interest rates and other factors alone can do.
Been driving Nissans since 1973 (50 years). Got used 2016 Leaf SL in 2019 and Nissan upgraded to new 40.kWh battery in 2020 and still is awesome vehicle and it's wife work car.

Kids moved away 250 and 500 miles plus due to arthritis I needed Full Self Driving plus good fast charging network so 14 January 2023 ordered 2023 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range. Took delivery 20 January 2023 in Nashville TN and built in Austin TX Jan 2023.

Now 11 months/20K miles later all is well and the $200 a month FSD fee is offset in fuel cost savings.and happy at age 73. Net cost after rebate was $47.500 but would be less if purchased today.

Plan to keep both the Leaf and Model Y for a long time since the Nissan 2020 40 kWh battery pack replacement is staying healthy.

Best wishes to all in 2024 and beyond.

Back