2016 Nissan Leaf Occupancy Sensor issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrals

I have a 2016 Nissan Leaf SV with 66K miles and it seems like the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat is out. The airbag light with the seatbelt light is on regardless of having a passenger in the seat or not. The light goes off as soon as the seat belt is buckled. There are no codes on leafspy. Am I on the hook to replace the whole seat?

See alldata.com for a detailed remove/install of sensor.
There was a recall on the 2013.

cje said:
See alldata.com for a detailed remove/install of sensor.
There was a recall on the 2013.

I will check with the mechanic. I believe this is what I need: https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-occupant-module-988569rc5a?c=bD0yJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1uaXNzYW4mbz1sZWFmJnk9MjAxNiZ0PXN2JmU9ZWxlY3RyaWM%3D

There is the sensor/occupant module/wiring/ rail to floor seat torque down specs so number of suspects.

I am going to start small and replace the sensor first. The weird thing is there is no DTC on leafspy. The seat belt light stays on with the red triangle. The airbag light is off.

Probably takes factory scanner to show such DTCs.
Let us know if changing sensor fixes it.

cje said:
Probably takes factory scanner to show such DTCs.
Let us know if changing sensor fixes it.

I am planning to install it and if the light doesnt go out I have a mechanic that will allow me to use his scanner to see if I can calibrate it. This car is turning into a money pit. I have a code for the PTC heater too :(

Ouch. 2011 Leaf.

Passenger Seat Occupancy Mat, Clear Fault & Recheck ****7-10 BUSINESS DAYS AWAY****
Install Passenger seat Occupancy mat
Labor $181.50
Seat Mat Q - 93364 1 Unit $2,795.25 / Unit $2,795.25 S
Discount ($148.84)
Sub $2,827.91

Search your VIN number on the NHTSA recall lookup site:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

I believe 2016 model year LEAFs were recalled for the OCS issue you have described. If so, it should be fixed for free.

Back