Battery Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

Still can't get Nissan to deal with battery. I am at 70.76% SOH on a 2016 sv with 46k on the odo.

Yet it still shows 10 bars which should be around 78% which is still way to low for a car with 46k and only 9 qc in it's entire life (slow qc too)

I can see 3 or 4 cells undervolting but I don't know if the scale is big or not ie how many mv is a problem? Is 80mv a lot? 120mv?

I now have less capacity than a 24kwh leaf. I did not risk forcing the issue to see if it still does it since it no longer turtles and recovers. It hard kills the battery and I have to get towed home to plug in to reset.

Tech claims the flaky 12v batt is the issue. I replaced it. No change. I think they tried to reset the firmware again since it says 109 miles when I got in but a few miles down the road it quickly readjusted back to it's 80ish readout again.

Leafspy screenies attached but at above 40% SOC so not sure if helpful or not. Also unwilling to push it too hard as I don't want to wait 2hrs for a tow again.

I can't find a way to attach images onobile will try to edit when I get to a PC.

Here is a GDrive link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13YsA1IGtQJo_pqpmnSb_GxNFOpU_7FtA?usp=sharing

Oh and they broke my damned dash cam. Tech wanted it off so badly he ripped it off the windscreen breaking the mount.

Millivolt differences over 100, and especially up around 150, are concerning IF they are there at higher states of charge - like above 50%.

You need to find another Nissan dealership. ASAP.

I don't think there is a practical way for me to do that. this 122mv delta was at 57% SOC Just off the EVSE at the dealership charged to 100%

and that was only pushing 20-30kwh from the drive unit. pushing harder might trigger a shut down which I can't afford to risk (2 hours wait for a AAA truck and I only have a couple tows left for the year)

There is Fiesta Nissan in Sante Fe but its 56 miles which is technically further than my 30kwh 46,000 mile battery can do (I have been maxing out at around 42-47 miles) now I think its more "flat" than into ABQ and back but being wrong would be very bad and worse. I have NO way to get home if they want to keep the car overnight. I mean just the damned trip 25 miles into ABQ has cost me almost $100 in rideshare. I can't afford it. I really don't have that kind of cash. I don't have a tow dolly any longer (stolen) and current prices on them are flat out batshit insane. :) so I can't tow it myself. plus using the pickup truck would cost me $40 in gas EACH trip and that is NOT towing.

This link should be visible https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13YsA1IGtQJo_pqpmnSb_GxNFOpU_7FtA?usp=sharing

Plus they said there is only one Leaf Tech in the region so I might be getting the same tech.

There is reliable nissan in corralles but I think its part of melloy and would probably be the same leaf technician. I THINK the car will make it to reliable but again no way for me to get home. and I would definitely need it fully charged plus a top up at melloy to get home from their.

nerys said:
no way for me to get home. and I would definitely need it fully charged plus a top up at melloy to get home from their.

Nonsense. I've posted before in one of your multiple threads about EA and plugshare. You keep coming to the forum to complain but you are not learning anything. By the way, my LEAF has quite a bit less battery capacity than yours and I drove it from Albuquerque past Edgewood (to Moriarty) without a problem and SoC to spare. The reverse direction is even easier. You'll get a lot more distance out of your car by taking Route 66 at lower speeds instead of I-40

You want and think you deserve a 40 kWh pack replacement. Whatever. I suggest you learn to be practical. It will be a much better use of your time and effort.

why are you being an idiot?

would I like 40kwh? hell yes. would I be happy with my care repaired? YES.

I can not go further than 47 miles. (if I have to go up mountain) period. that was running it all the way down to under 2%

that WAS taking 66 and doing 40-45mph on the way up.

the dealership is 24 miles away. I think you can do "MATH" easily enough from that. it takes at minimum a full 50% SOC to get up the mountain. usually closer to 55-56%

ON TOP OF THAT...... I can't believe I have to spell this out. "NO WAY FOR ME TO GET HOME" deals with the fact that I WOULD HAVE NO GOD DAMNED CAR if they are keeping the damned thing. jesus man. READ. I can't drive 2 damned cars myself at the same time.

OTHER dealerships. Reliable is 40 MILES away. my max range is 47 miles. you want to risk that on ANYTHING but a full charge? be my guest.

On the other hand, begging rides from friends while the car is actually being repaired properly makes more sense than dealing with idiots who are in driving range.

Back