"Nissan Connect EV & Services" app compatible with 2022 S Plus ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PastramiDave

New Leaf owner. New member of this forum...

Is the Nissan Connect EV & Services app compatible with a 2022 S Plus? I don't find the information very clear. When I download and log into the app (iOS) with my Nissan username / password, it knows that I have an S Plus. But it cannot connect to vehicle. I called the 877 Nissan support number in the app's error message and the agent (kind of) confirmed the app requires an SV or SL trim, but he wasn't sure. And that seems compatible with the information here (https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/system-availability.29324.html), which states:

* "Standard on: S , S PLUS" // NissanConnect with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
* "Standard on: SV , SV PLUS , SL PLUS" // NissanConnect with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Navigation, NissanConnect Services, NissanConnect EV

So am I out of luck in using Nissan Connect with my new S Plus? If so, that's really disappointing. But I guess I should have done more research.

And (since I have your attention), what apps do you use with an S Plus? Looks like I can use MyNissan to manage maintenance and service appointments. Other good apps? (My dealership was NOT helpful in this area.) Thank you!

So am I out of luck in using Nissan Connect with my new S Plus? If so, that's really disappointing. But I guess I should have done more research.

I'm afraid so. One of the main ways they save money on the S is by leaving out the telematics that let you connect to Nissan's servers, along with the more elaborate head unit. (The other is by leaving out the heat pump unit.) You do have a couple of climate control timers that should be helpful if you keep to a regular schedule.

Back