2022 Leaf L2 220V charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flyct said:
I spent my 38 year working career supporting equipment that plugged into14-50R receptacles in commercial establishments. That’s the same 14-50R that mosT L 2 EVSEs use and 50 amp RVs use.

We are flying blind here, now that OP has clarified that he is trying to plug into a receptacle at a commercial bldg. We could help him if he does two things:

1. Check the voltages at the receptacles:
hot to hot
hot to neutral

2. Takes a clear close-up photo of the receptacle so that the labeling can be read.

-----
A 400v 3p would have 230v on each hot (meaning L-N), while the L-L will be 400v
A 480 3p would have 277v when measured L-N, and 480v when measured L-L

Flyct: you were connecting 14-50 to a 120/208 3p system. No problem there.

----
Tesla specs its EVSEs and OBC for up to 277v, but I was under the impression that is unusual. I'd be frankly amazed if the LEAF OBC could handle much over 120v L-N but I'm not sure of the actual spec.

I don't know the absolute maximum voltage the onboard charger can safely accept, but I know that actual 250 volts is OK because the voltage at my house is sometimes that high. I have not tested the 2019, but the 2011 would charge at least down to 100 volts at the Nissan 120V EVSE input when I tested it early in its life.

Smaller chargers made for EU & North American spec are usually rated to 250 volts AC. The onboard charger in my Vectrix can accept anything from a 110 volt feed from an outlet to 240 volts from a J-1772 adapter.

Back