Emergency charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LDB415 said:
How much difference in consumption, if any, is there between the halogen and LED headlights?

If you are asking if range is affected by having halogens instead of LEDs, then the answer is 'Not enough to notice.' You use more power when you raise the HVAC fan speed one increment.

LeftieBiker said:
LDB415 said:
How much difference in consumption, if any, is there between the halogen and LED headlights?

If you are asking if range is affected by having halogens instead of LEDs, then the answer is 'Not enough to notice.' You use more power when you raise the HVAC fan speed one increment.

The LED headlights provide much better illumination of the road ahead and their brightness is consistent regardless of 12V battery voltage--I strongly recommend the LED headlights.

alozzy said:
I try to keep the SOC between 10% and 90% and go up to 100% when I need more range for a longer trip.

I'm a total newbie. When I charge the Leaf it charges to 80%. Once in a while I want to go further than an 80% charge will allow me, but i can't find anywhere in the handbook that tells me how I choose the charge level. How do I do this?

The 2013 Leaf has two charge limits: one for the charge timer and one, called "Long Life Mode" in the global settings for the car. Here is a neat trick: set the Long Life mode to OFF (full charge allowed), but set the charge timer for 80%, with the start and times the same every day - say, 6:00pm. Set this for every day. Then the car will charge by default to 80%, but if you press Timer Override (the button on the left side of the lower dash with a clock face and "OFF" written on it) the car will then charge to 100%.

Back