iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<Sorry - NM - Just read the latest posts. Trying those now>

Today my IOS LeafSpy Pro app just immediately closes on app start. Uninstalled and reinstalled- Did not work. Removed BlueTooth reader and reinserted - Did not resolve.

Any other ideas?

Hi. I bought one of those cheap ELM327 mini and cannot get it to connect to the ECU. It is a v1.5 version and it connects fine to the phone. Is there anything I can try to make it work before I toss it out?

Leaf 2014 Tekna.

I presume this has been already asked, but the last update shows from four years ago. Am curious if people have found a need for updates as well? Also makes me concerned for the potential it might fall off the App Store due to age or stop working if my car outlasts my phone and the next iPhone prevents it from working?

Thanks for sharing this news! So happy to see that the upgrades are in progress and being tested. Joined the TF feed and got the latest build.

For the last 2 weeks I have been having issues connecting to my Bluetooth obd dongle, I am and have been using a carista for about 3 years, but for the last 2 weeks intermittently it says IOS Vlink, which I see is connected to Vgate, when it connects to IOS Vlink, that shows up as a Bluetooth connection, and leaf spy won’t fully connect, I disable Bluetooth and force close LeafSpy several times then it works…. any idea as to what is going on? @ LeafSpy Pro support please help me!

Hi, I am trying to use LeafSpy Pro with my 2020 Leaf and have only previously used it with my 2013.

When I plugged in the OBDII, I was able to get Bluetooth connection to my iphone but when I run LeafSpy Pro is just keeps trying but not producing results. The screen still shows the last results from my 2013. I tried a restart of OBDII, phone and app but that did not change the outcome.

Any suggestions on next steps?

How bad is a number of "weak cell" messages?

Looking at a used Leaf, there are 10/12 bars which isn't bad ... but using LeafSpy SOH is 74%, and cells 1, 3, 5, 20, 24, 25, 27, 33,36, 39, 41, 43, 79, 81 and at least one more show up as "weak cells" during our short test drive. The pack wasn't fully charged before our test ride (LS says 94.6% SoC). Just how bad is this? Anyone have any luck with taking a used leaf with such a pack to a dealer for a factory replacement or does the warranty only start kicking in at 8/12 bars or some such?

@turbo3 is there a FM I ought to be reading, or a more appropriate place to seek enlightenment?

Version 2.0.0 for IOS just got updated in TestFlight. I think it might be a release candidate so hopefully the App Store will see this update soon as well.

You can try the following link to subscribe to TF feed for this release

https://testflight.apple.com/join/bldsCmWB

THANKS! That worked and I was able to download the beta. Now, I just have to get the BT OBDII adapter and I should be all set.

kclements said:
Thanks. Looking at the app, I ordered the LELink^2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I couldn't find the Carista on Amazon, and this one was also mentioned as recommended in the app notes. I hope this will work. If not, I will return it and get the one you suggested.

I am using the LELink^2 and it works well. Glad you were able to get the new version on TF. I am guessing it will be updated on the app store soon and at that time we can delete the TF version and install the App Store version.

New User - hopefully basic question

Recently bought a 2014 24kWh Nissan Leaf, done ~500 miles so far all on solar charges - the car is great allowing for its limitations ;)

Leaf Spy, for me, has been a different story, maybe self-inflicted. I'm on my 3rd OBD2 adapter: 2 WiFi (cheapos) did not work, now on a Lelink (Amazon claim is it v2 but comments say v1), which is BLE: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC

A: I prefer iOS and have paid for the iOS Leaf Spy Pro, albeit never got it to work
B: I have a cheap Android and Leaf Spy Lite.

In simple terms, can I? how do I get A working? I cannot see "how" to persuade it to use Bluetooth rather than WiFi? I know, with this OBD2, BLE works since another App (Car Scanner) is working on iOS (which it did not with the previous OBD2 connectors).

One thread said the "3 bars" top right can be used, but when I press that, all I get is the settings symbol at the bottom which has WiFi SSID options but not Bluetooth.

Hopefully it is an easy solution and me just being dumb :shock: Thanks for any help offered...

(embarrassing) Answer

From forum advice, had installed testflight, and used (on the iPhone) the link to get access to Leafspy Pro beta versions - still no joy :x Leafspy Lite on the Android mysteriously only worked once I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, so tried the same on the iphone - success :D

The reason both re-installs worked was I got the opportunity to specify Bluetooth, but in the iOS case, I suspect it was purely allowing Leafspy Pro to access Bluetooth. I bet on the first installation I had not allowed it since I was trying a WiFi OBD2. Had I just altered the app permissions I bet a lot of time would have been saved...

I installed by LELink adapter and connected LeafSpy (beta 2.0.0). It seems to connect to the Leaf and provide readouts.

When I go into the service manual to disable the backup sounds, it allows me to toggle it, and it shows it is working, but nothing changes on my Leaf - backup noise remains.

Anyone having any luck with a '23 Leaf SV+ and disabling the blasted back-up sounds?

Thanks
kc

kclements said:
I am all for safety, and I would be fine with the softer ding of my 2019. But the 2023 sound is loud and annoying. Also, most of our city streets are 25MPH, and it makes a loud annoying noise under 25 too. So much so, that I can't looks from people as I drive by.

Agreed. Our 2023 VSP is substantially louder than that in our 2018. It is also louder than our ICE car.

LeftieBiker said:
If all you want is a reduction in the volume, then you can wrap the VSP speakers with something weatherproof. They are located under the front bumper, IIRC on the driver's side.

Any suggestions as to which "something weatherproof" would be most effective?

Back