S vs S Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, if the remote climate control is the only reason for the OP to get an SV trim, and if he/she will pay more than $1000 difference to get the SV vs S, then it's not worth it. Better off finding a higher mileage S trim with a healthy battery for cheap, given the low miles the OP intends to drive each year.

Regarding climate control, for anyone on a consistent work schedule, the built-in climate control timer of the S trim is good enough.

My LEAF has OK climate control. I think it cost ~ $10

I park facing the sun, and put up a sun-shade.
Then I crack open some windows for ventilation.
In Florida I would invest in rain guards

In New Mexico weather in the summer it is definitely warm when I enter the car mid-day but not bad, and A/C cools things down to comfortable in a minute. or so.

FWIW, if the remote climate control is the only reason for the OP to get an SV trim, and if he/she will pay more than $1000 difference to get the SV vs S, then it's not worth it.

That's a subjective judgement, not a hard fact. Many would agree with you, while others would say that paying more to get a feature that's important to them is worth it. Hell, I leased an SL in 2018, with hated leather interior, instead of an SV, because at the time only the SL had Around View, and that feature is very important to me.

Back