2018 Leaf SL 40kWh Battery Stats

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
GOM doesn't matter. You have to drop 4 capacity bars to even "start" a claim.

It seems that the actual range also doesn't matter which is most annoying.

However, maybe the instrument cluster is just way off base. Even at 0% there's no indication I've seen of Turtle mode (or that max power has been reduced).

Maybe I should physically drive it until it no longer will physically move, to check the absolute max range. Right now, I'm relying on the car dashboard and LeafSpy and they don't ever agree.

Falcon73 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
GOM doesn't matter. You have to drop 4 capacity bars to even "start" a claim.

It seems that the actual range also doesn't matter which is most annoying.

However, maybe the instrument cluster is just way off base. Even at 0% there's no indication I've seen of Turtle mode (or that max power has been reduced).

Maybe I should physically drive it until it no longer will physically move, to check the absolute max range. Right now, I'm relying on the car dashboard and LeafSpy and they don't ever agree.

That is because at ZERO % SOC with GOM estimate long gone, you have about 10% capacity left with more than 8% usable...

Thank you, both. I'm glad it's a bit more forgiving, but I'll be keeping LeafSpy going.

On our Volvo C40, it starts going into Turtle Mode at around 10% SoC (on the dashboard) and at 5% it's almost undrivable.

Back