Deceptively fast?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edited my previous post to try to be more clear. I recommend at least 40 psi (preferably 44 psi) cold for OEM tires for better handling and longer tire life. Higher pressure is even more important for high speed driving.

I feel the need (no not the need for speed) to post in here as I have wondered if the Leaf is deceptively quick (not fast). I've had a Lexus sedan try to pull the little maneuver where they get into a lane that they know will end in hopes of accelerating past me to cut me off at the last minute. I even had a Charger that had to go in excess of 30 MPH over the speed limit to save face for being humiliated off the line up to the speed limit. I'm convinced that the Leaf (in SL Plus trim, in my case) is quicker than a decent amount of ICE vehicles to about the speed limit in most street driving. I also have a ZL1 as a garage queen and I have to admit that while the ZL1 is a tear, the leaf just feels quicker to about 30-40 MPH. This could very well be because the ZL1 has a very solid chassis, but I still feel that the Leaf has a deceptive quickness that gives the car the ultimate sleeper status. As per the original post, I often see the other cars 4-5 bus lengths behind me from a stoplight up to the speed limit. I especially love it when some unsuspecting yutz gets into a lane that ends ahead with the other driver unaware that I'll have instant torque off the line. I dare say that I almost have as much fun in the Leaf that I do in the ZL1.

Back