Proposition 65 warning on the driver side window

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cornellio said:
I don't want to dig too deep, but as it's a new topic to me-- just a couple points:

@powersurge: I totally agree that we as a society go overboard reviewing the minutia of tiny problems in products.

However, It is important to breathe clean air. It's wise to take reasonable precautions in avoiding exposure to toxins. Isn't this one of the reasons we all have this car, because it's a clean air vehicle? It certainly is the number one reason I have it. I don't want to pollute the air around me with gas fumes, but it's ironic that a clean air vehicle may have unclean air on the inside. Of course all cars have this issue but some are worse than others.

Anyway, I'm just curious about practical advise folks may have about keeping the air clean. Beyond that, I totally agree this car is a marvel of technology, a milestone in the evolution of modern transport and I am really happy to be part of it. I have owned Lexus and BMW's, but have never been this excited about a car.

In market, there are 3 type of so called air purifer and almost all people do not know how to choose, why?

1 air purifier without ozone
2 air purifier with little ozone
3 ozone machine

Air purifiers wihtout ozone filter solid pollutants (PM10, PM2.5, and other solid particulate matter) and gaseous pollutants (ammonia, volatile organic compounds TVOC, etc.) in the air including some virus, only filter

Air purifiers with little ozone filter solid pollutants at the same time, in which ozone works as a kind of disinfect to kill virus and bacteria. please note that ozone out of air purifier is very little, less than 0.05ppm at the 50mm from air outlet after working 24 hours, China air purifier safe standard for CO3 from air purifier

The ozone generator is specialized in producing ozone to kill bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms actively

To sum up, air purifier is the physical way to filter microorganisms to purify the air, out of which ozone can be ignored as it is nothing. while ozone machine only produce ozone to disinfect, sterilize, remove odor, smell, smoke etc, from 1mg, 3mg, to 500mg, 1kg, 100kg per hour. and that ozone can remove smell, odor, and smoke. please note that according to space to figure out what car ozone machine you need,(We know that in the air, the concentration of ozone is 1ppm=2.144mg/m3, the decomposition half-life in the air at normal temperature and normal pressure is about 20~30 minutes, and the hourly ozone output of CE-CY-3G mini ozone generator is 3 mg , one hour of work for 20 minutes, the ozone output is 1 mg, 50% of the decay is oxygen in one hour, and the remaining 0.5 mg. The volume of toilets, cars, wardrobes is usually three cubic meters, or even larger, and it is ventilated, so it is converted by3 cubic meters, so for 0.5mg in a 3 cubic meter, CO3=0.5mg/3m3/2.144mg/m3=0.08ppm, which is lower than the safe concentration, and that it has not considered ventilation, therefore, the mini ozone generator is beneficial and harmless to the human body.), or you do not need to have ozone machine in car and have professional staff to disinfect by ozone, which has very higher ozone concentation

Back