Leaf SV Plus - disable seat belt noise

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul2

Please help: How is the way to disable the seat belt chime completely? - especially on the back seats I really hate it when transporting stuff.

If there is no easy way via Software: is it sufficient to cut the cables to the seat belt plugs or do I have to short cut them to get peace in my new car?

(2022 Leaf SV plus, US model)

I did. But many visitors want to drive buckled up and when leaving the car turn on the noise again. I just want to get rid of the noise. There is no use for this.

Right, so after you disable the chime and carry passengers again, you aren't concerned about getting sued, should one of your rear passengers become a human projectile and an accident investigation reveals that you disabled the chime that reminds passengers to buckle up?

I had a similar problem yesterday. I had one passenger in the back seat who was buckled up, and the other two back seat spots were empty. The car started chiming every time we exceeded 30km/h. Is this normal? Ultimately we solved the problem by buckling the empty back seats as well. Does the weight sensor not sense which part of the back seat is occupied?

alozzy said:
Right, so after you disable the chime and carry passengers again, you aren't concerned about getting sued, should one of your rear passengers become a human projectile and an accident investigation reveals that you disabled the chime that reminds passengers to buckle up?

Now I changed my mind and alter my question:
how could I double the volume of the chime so I won't lose my house and family. Certainly the more louder the chime is, the more it saves lives! I really cannot understand how I survived in the 80s and 90s without it!

but let's make it clear for the protocol and for other potential Leaf buyers:

The 2022 Nissan Leaf does not allow their owner to disable the seat belt chime.

Back