Battery heat gate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcest

As i'm sure you will all know, the battery heats up with every fast ( DC ) you do, to a point where it will only take 19kw/h of charge, I plan on traveling down to southern France and i'm wondering if charging on the 42kw AC chargers on route will heat the battery up the same as the DC fast chargers ?? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Charging rate is measured in kW, not "kw/h". OP is in Europe and I'm not clear about the OBCs on newer European Leafs which have Mennekes Type 2 inlets instead of J1772 inlets. I also don't know what year the OP's car is.

I believe the switch happened w/gen 2 Leaf.

I'm reasonably sure (but not positive) that the European LEAF is limited to 16 Amps
European voltage is 230v, so a 3 phase wiring would be at 400volts, and power would be 6.4 kW

Hello,
I'm in France and owner of a Leaf 2 40kwh.
I can certify that Leaf onboard charger is limited to 6.6 kw with 1 phase only compatibility.
Only one low end finition was 3.3 (3.6?) kw limited but not sold anymore.

bigcest said:
As i'm sure you will all know, the battery heats up with every fast ( DC ) you do, to a point where it will only take 19kw/h of charge, I plan on traveling down to southern France and i'm wondering if charging on the 42kw AC chargers on route will heat the battery up the same as the DC fast chargers ?? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

If that is the same as using an L2 here in the USA, then you will have no heat issues. The Leaf only draws the max power it supports, it can't be forced into drawing 42 kW AC for example.

Back