Nissan LEAF Push Pins

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

My PSA is really this:
Don't be afraid to buy generic, so long as the spec matches
Buy a bag of them.

My car started making funny noises a couple of weeks ago, and a short visit under the car identified the culprit: more than one piece of the undercover was flapping. I've taken that cover (and others) off more than a few times, and I tend to either break or lose a push-pin or two each time. It adds up :lol:

First I tried to buy a couple of pins at Lowes. They cost $1 each, and they ended up being the wrong size. Then I went looking online and found the above vendor. I honestly doubt my purchase was anything special, it seems like buying in bulk 8 mm push pins that are Nissan LEAF compatible is enough to know to make a good purchase. I bought these, link provided mostly for the correct spec to look for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133982053374
100 push pins for ~ $7

And I have to say, buying the right pin is a joy. The base goes easily and snugly into the hole, and then the pin goes in with a click. End of drama. I've gone from being a push-pin critic to a happy camper now that they are cheap, available, and very well engineered.

I had a similar problem with the front under cowling in my '16. In my case, the holes had deformed or broken, Self tapping screws and fender washers solved the problem. I found Amazon to be a good source for push pins and sometimes they even include a removal tool.

Yeah, push-clips seem like the work of the Devil, until you realize that any mechanic just has bags of 'em.

Back