Cells replaced, how to update SoH & Ahr

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
Ok so efficiency around 80%.

Apparent charge efficiency of 74%, which is clearly not correct

Typical charge efficiency is 90%+

And a full drive and charge cycle I measured at 83% (in a different but similar leaf)

So the extra energy is going into the battery, but the lbc is not reporting it correctly, and this shows up as a significant residual energy below power limitation mode

Just to close this thread out for anyone reading it in the future

After almost 6 months of regular use, the SoH did not ever increase and has started to decrease. However the "fuel gauge" remains very non-linear. The last 25% is used much more slowly. So I assume the discharge curve is different between the cells that I put in vs what I took out. I put in 2011 cells (75% SoH) and took out 2014 cells (60% SoH). The LBC was not changed

I have become used to running the car down to 1 bar with confidence. Cell voltage is around 3.78V according to leafspy with 14mV voltage range when "fuel gauge" reports 1 bar remaining

I know you closed the thread but this is interesting to note . If any one can explain how to perform the reset it would really help . Im about to fit new non Leaf cells to my battery pack and would like the bms to learn the new found capacity and possibly SOH . but with out fully know what the system can offer in terms of hidden LBC resets alike this would be challenging to say the least . Alternatively the canbridge might be an option but for after market cells who knows if it will work with the LBC or not . Ive seen alot of videos showing a stock lbc running non leaf cells but how seems to be a magical art at this stage . Maybe @mux would be kind enough to explain .

And just like that, out of the blue the SoH has started increasing??? It has increased in steps by 1% over the last week

I'm not sure what has caused the LBC to finally decide (its 4000km since I replaced the cells) the battery has more capacity than it has been reporting

Things that have changed recently that may be the cause =

1. New Zealand is heading into winter. We had 2 frosts last week. The battery temp gauge was down to 4 bars, leafspy reporting battery temps about 8 Celsius in the morning. I have read that the LBC behaves differently in cooler months

2. Last 2 weeks I have been towing a trailer and working the battery much harder than my usual daily commute. Commute SoC range 80-40%. Towing recently SoC range 97%-15%

Or it could be a completely random occurrence ????

Back