GRA

Re: Electrify America Network

The Electrify America charging station has opened at 180 N. 9th Street, Show Low, Arizona 85901.

Apparently 2 × 350kW, 2 × 150 kW, all CCS.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.
danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Take this with a grain of salt, but a poster in Plugshare said the eternally delayed station at Essex (Fenner) CA should be operational around April 7th.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19
GRA

Been busy for the past month but hope to be able to catch up on replies soon. In the meantime:

EA's updated station count:

750 Open / 81 Coming soon,

an increase of 19 open from last month.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

The Electrify America charging station in has opened at 906 Camel Drive AKA EV, Gillette, Wyoming 82716.

GRA

The Electrify America charging station has opened at 434 Edwards Access Rd, Edwards, Colorado 81632.

This is on I-70 between existing EA sites in Glenwood Springs and Frisco.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

EA posted 2021 data at
https://electrek.co/2022/05/02/electrif ... d-to-2020/

Using 800 locations, the network averaged 5 charge sessions a day per location
Average session charge was 30 kWh
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. Cal
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr @28k miles. 10/21: 53.4 Ahr @ 40k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018. Sold 11/2021, awaiting Tesla Model Y
GRA

They haven't updated the station totals yet this month, but at the end of last month they had 750 open, and it's unlikely that they've been able to open another 50 in the interim, as they only had 81 Coming Soon. About the middle of last year they were claiming they'd have 800 open by the end of the year, even though it was obvious by that point that they'd have to average far more openings every month than was likely (or historically achieved by them).

One new Coming Soon site of interest for road trippers that's popped up on their map is in Billings, MT. As the closest open site to the west on I-90 is in Butte, 234 miles away, they'll need at least one more in between. I'd like to see two, in say Belgrade and Big Timber to allow people to reach Gardiner and West Yellowstone easily while coming form either east or west on I-90, but a single site in Livingston would at least allow people to get to Gardiner with minimal hassle.

Connecting eastbound from Billings to the open station in Gillette will also require at least one more station, although again two would be preferred given the intersections.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

It looks like Fenner, CA finally opened. A very important station for anyone using I40.

That station had been waiting to go online for a long, long, long, long time.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19
GRA

danrjones wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:22 am It looks like Fenner, CA finally opened. A very important station for anyone using I40.

That station had been waiting to go online for a long, long, long, long time.

Odd, I didn't get a text message like I usually do for sites I'm watching. Here's the address:

Najah Hi Sahara Oasis (Essex Fenner, CA)
31251 Goffs Rd, Essex Fenner, CA 92332

OTOH,

Target T2386 (Atwater, CA)
1000 Commerce Ave, AtWater, CA 95301

north of Merced on S.R. 99 also opened.

Current month's updated totals are 758 Open/76 Coming soon, an increase of just 8 open from last month.

GRA

The Electrify America charging station has opened at 515 Bell St, Los Alamos, California 93440.

This is on U.S. 101 between Santa Maria and Buellton.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”