Dash button.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayak1

I am looking to source a factory-looking button to connect to a relay to run Fire Department lights in the front and back of my 2019 Leave SL (not a plus).

I have an install scheduled this week with the local Audio installer to install the lights and my VHF radio, thus I need to get this figured out soon.

Thanks in advance!

You can probably get switches from Nissan, but I doubt that local dealers would stock them since failure is rare. The older LEAFs had a panel with blank spaces where switches could be added and they were a standard size available from multiple sources. The newer cars don't have that panel so I am not sure where you would mount a switch to make it look like original. Also, most of the switches in the newer cars are momentary contact and you probably want an on/off maintained contact switch for your application. If there are any car recycling centers (junk yards) near you, you might be able to get a switch from a wrecked LEAF.

I ordered a couple of buttons and they were all too large:
This is a picture of where the button is going in my 2019 SL Leaf
IMG_1501.jpg

Ideally I would like a button with a different icon than what my car shipped with as duplicates aren't helpful.

Just get a generic switch and power the FD lights with a relay. Your audio installer should be able to handle it easily and make it look good. Stuff like this is their bread and butter.

Back