Nissan Leaf Wiper Blades: Part Numbers and Compilation from Forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving back to this forum after learning a lot. I found these after market wipers work really well for my Nissan Leaf 2015 SV:

Front Windshield Wipers: ASLAM Windshield Wipers G-Series 26"+16",All-Season Wiper Blades for Original Equipment Replacement and Refills Replaceable,Double Service Life(set of 2) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07VHNST5R/

Rear Windshield Wiper: Rear Wiper Blade,ASLAM 10B Rear Windshield Wiper Blades Type-E for Original Equipment Replacement,Exact Fit(Pack of 2) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WFGX161/

No streaks and perfect fit. Not sure how well these would hold up in really hot climates but in Vancouver BC, it rains constantly so far I'm impressed.

ttweed said:
macnut said:
Some or all Nissan dealers now offer a lower-priced hybrid replacement blade that fits all years with the following part not.:
Front driver side: B889UHS26JNW
Front pass. side: B889UHS16JNW
CONCLUSION
The hybrid replacement blades from the dealer are probably a good choice as they look sleek, perform like traditional blades (which they are under the outer covering), and can potentially have refills fitted when necessary if you are resourceful.

I agree-- Nissan has gotten competitive with these OEM replacements, finally. They used to be stupid expensive at the dealer, but no more. I just picked up a set of these front driver and passenger blades mentioned above from my local dealer for $26.92 including the 8% CA tax. There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price. With shipping, the last set of refills I got were over $27 online a couple years ago.

wipers.jpg

TT

Do these parts work with the 2018 and/or 2019 Gen 2 Leaf?

Update: No they don't. Both B889UHS26JNW and B889UHS16JNW are for the first gen Leaf.

I did find the following on parts.nissanusa.com:

B8893-BT16PNW - https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2019_LEAF-BATTERY-EV-EVBEV-HATCHBACK-SV/Blade-Winter-WS-Wiper-Blade-Windshield-Wiper/95976960/B8893-BT16PNW.html
B889L-HS16J - https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2019_LEAF-BATTERY-EV-EVBEV-HATCHBACK-SV/Blade-Winter-WS-Wiper-Blade-Windshield-Wiper/95974066/B889L-HS16J.html
B889U-WT16JNW - https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2019_LEAF-BATTERY-EV-EVBEV-HATCHBACK-SV/Blade-Winter-WS-Wiper-Blade-Windshield-Wiper/90016825/B889U-WT16JNW.html
B8893-BT26PNW - https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2019_LEAF-BATTERY-EV-EVBEV-HATCHBACK-SV/Blade-Winter-WS-Wiper-Blade-Windshield-Wiper-ORD-FRM-SRS-B/95975315/B8893-BT26PNW.html

Not sure why there are three different. 16" passenger side wiper blades compatible with my Gen 2 Leaf....

I tried 3-4x refills from AliExpress. Select correct model (width and slot design) and length and it works.
Costs 2€ per piece. And last about half of original. I change them twice a year, before and after salt season :)

Just confirmed these part numbers fit 2022 as well. Took blades off , rested arm on a towel and swapped them with no issues. Exact fit, you just have to pay attention to the direction they go into the blades (little arrow with the word "set" is a clue) so they latch. Rear one I did not bother removing the blade, just pulled the insert out, and slid the new one in after transplanting metal inserts in.
Original rear insert was not Mitsuba labeled, but Honda one fit perfectly anyways. Rest were all Mitsuba, even blades themselves were branded under the hook

TooncesDriving said:
Update for 2018 Leaf

The following wiper blade refills fit in the 2018 Leaf (now with 14" rear blade).

Honda OEM:
Left side (26"/650mm): P/N: 76622-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Right side (16"/400mm): P/N: 76632-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Rear (14"/350mm): P/N: 76722-SZA-A01 (Pilot part)

They were about $10 each in 12/2021 at the dealership. Online shopping for the same parts cost the same amount when shipping was included. Not sure why shipping is $5/blade and not $5 for the whole order.

Note, the rear blade is a bit of a pain to get off now that it is 14". It seemed like it was going to break before it came off but it came off and went back on just fine. I have heard of other completely unscrewing and removing the arm to get it off or changing the refill in place.

Thank you for sharing your recommendation on windshield wipers for a Nissan Leaf 2015 SV! It's great to hear that you found a product that works well for you and that you're satisfied with the results.

As for the concern about how well these wipers would hold up in hot climates, it's worth noting that extreme weather conditions can affect the performance of any windshield wiper. The AGS windshield wipers you recommended are advertised as all-season wiper blades, so they should be designed to perform well in various weather conditions.

Thanks again for sharing your recommendation, and I hope it helps others looking for a reliable windshield wiper for their Nissan Leaf or other vehicles.

I tried 3-4x refills from AliExpress. Select correct model (width and slot design) and length and it works.
Costs 2€ per piece. And last about half of original. I change them twice a year, before and after salt season :)
The refills from AliExpress worked for my 2012 Leaf, too. Here are some more details.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805365386395.htmlCar Wiper Rubber Strips Refill Wiper Blade Replacement Parts All Types Seasons Windshield Wiper Blades Blade Soft Car Accessorie
Seller: Yongrun Auto Parts
16 inch (400mm), Type D -- $1.84
26 inch (650mm), Type D -- $2.05

If you still have the original wipers, it's super easy to slide the old wiper blades out. Then you need to remove the thin metal pieces from the old blades, and slide those into the slots on the refills (the refills are just the rubber, no metal). Then just slide the refills into the wiper frames.

The tip is that you're looking for 10mm width on the cross-section for the wiper refill. This is getting harder to find, as search engines on e-commerce sites will give you results for 10 inches long and all sorts of other results.

If you can get them in either silicone or SPSN-treated rubber, it'll have a silver-gray color appearance. Those are fantastic, wipe very cleanly and last longer.

Conclusion and Summary first:
I accidentally got a 28" (instead of the 'correct' 26") driver side wiper blade, and the bigger size seems to work well, better coverage really. And the full-beam-type is better than a hybrid beam OE.
Therefore, I recommend Nissan part B8893-BT28PNW (28") for the driver's side, and a normal 16" B8893-BT16PNW for the passenger side, or the similar Bosch ICON 28A and 16A available anywhere should work.

People have reported being happy with the Bosch ICON 26A and 16A.
Try a Bosch 28A bigger one maybe. 28" works in the Nissan B8893-BT28PNW part, on my Leaf now.

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

Nissan part numbers for exact OE front wipers:
B889U-HS16J-NW passenger side 16"
B889U-HS26J-NW driver side 26"
These are Hybrid Blade types, not great performance, but they do have the offset mount we 'almost' want!

Sometimes there is an internet-discount at Nissan Parts, Accessories, and Merchandise - Nissan Parts & Accessories Online , and pickup at local dealership for no shipping cost.

Nissan part numbers I ordered & got today (full beam-type, better), but no offset mount, which is OK:
B8893-BT16PNW passenger (like a Bosch ICON 16A, full beam)
B8893-BT26PNW driver (like a Bosch ICON 26A, full beam)
Nissan parts website says they should be the full beam-type replacements for the hybrid-beam OE ones, except they don't tell you there is no OE-style offset mount, but it seems OK, like getting a Bosch ICON beam-type, which maybe I should have done anyway!
But the internet order price at my local Nissan Dealership Parts Dept. was competitive with a Walmart Bosch ICON, so it works.

Today, they gave me the "wrong" driver side wiper, a B8893-BT28PNW, a 28" one instead of the 26" one I ordered.
I didn't know it was the wrong wiper at first, and just put it on at the dealership.
I then noticed the extra 2" length.
Funny thing is, I like the extra length.
The longer 28" one does touch, very slightly, the other blade on the window when low at rest. And it also touches very slightly at one spot on it's metal arm.
Not a problem, I think, since they move great, and the full-beam-type is really better than the hybrid-type, conforming to the front windscreen best.

I almost just got the Honda re-fills this thread mentions a lot. I wanted to upgrade to full-beam wipers, and the OE hybrid-beam blades seem delicate and crack prone.

Forum members have reported good success with the Bosch Icon models 16A and 26A, but because of the lack of offset, about 1" less of the visible window area gets cleared.
It's actually 1/2" you lose on your left as you look out the windshield. (I just now measured the offset.) Not much I'd say.

Anybody tried this re-fill on Amazon, meant exactly for our Nissan Leaf's Mitsuba Hybrid Blades?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDGRQGP5There is even a short installation video. Looks like this one is targeted for our application, 10 mm wide one hard to find, as most are 6 or 8 mm wide re-fills.

You can't just get any re-fill rubber you find. Make sure it's 10mm wide, and the grooves are about the right size too.
It is tricky, so finding one targeted for Mitsuba Hybrid blades, or getting the Honda ones discussed on this thread is important.

Last edited:
I don't know if Nissan doesn't sell just the rubber or it is my dealer that doesn't. Seems a terrible waste of materials and money to throw out the entire structure. Last time we needed blades (also the first time) for the 2020 SV I bought full OEM replacements from the dealer. Rear is OK, passenger is OK, the far end of the driver side comes out of the structure repeatedly. Have to be REALLY careful when lifting the wiper and still have to put it back in with some frequency.

Not paying for OEM again, not sure if the end structure is just bad. Probably will just go with good blades from Advance Auto.

I don't know if Nissan doesn't sell just the rubber or it is my dealer that doesn't. Seems a terrible waste of materials and money to throw out the entire structure. ...
It's been impossible to buy just the rubber wiper refills. I agree that it's very wasteful to replace the entire blade when most of it is still perfectly functional. I suspect manufacturers stop selling the refills by themselves because the profit doesn't justify the cost and logistics.

Not paying for OEM again, not sure if the end structure is just bad. Probably will just go with good blades from Advance Auto.
It's been impossible to buy just the rubber wiper refills. I agree that it's very wasteful to replace the entire blade when most of it is still perfectly functional. I suspect manufacturers stop selling the refills by themselves because the profit doesn't justify the cost and logistics.
I just installed re-fills from Amazon's Refill example and they fit perfectly, work fine, very cheap, might not last long though.
And, you actually get 2 sets.

This thread mentioned you could get some Honda re-fills ( Honda 76622-STK-A02 and 76632-STK-A02
) and I'd assume the quality is good on those (durable???).

Before I ordered the re-fills from Amazaon, at first I wanted to upgrade from the Hybrid Blade to a full Beam style, and I got Nissan-brand Beam style ones, (although the dealership actually gave me a 28" one for the driver side instead of the correct 26" !!!). The 28" (and 16") worked OK, yet I did notice a little 'flutter' on the longer 28" one, on the low side of the blade near the cowl left side, probably due to the slight extra length there, still not terrible though.
So I took the Nissan dealership's Beam style replacements back and just got the Amazon re-fills for now.

In a few years I'll probably go to the full beam style, maybe with a Bosch ICON 26A and 16A, since others say they work pretty well.
A full Beam style is an upgrade if you want that.

The OE Hybrid-style blades might not be durable for too many years. The plastic mount looks too fragile to me. ..... Mine is only 2 years old, so my re-fills in there are "OK" for now.
In the future, Beam ones look good. Michelin's best at walmart fits j-hooks and might work, never tried them myself. Bosch ICON 26A and 16A we know works (reports). Some options there.

Last edited:
Back