Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watchdoc said:
Leaf Inventory appears to be drying up in the east and now the 0% financing is gone. With Russia invading Ukraine and Biden unwilling to open the US oil spigot, gonna get tougher to buy an EV.

Just checked the dealer where I bought from in SoCal and they are showing at least 20 LEAF allocated to them In-Transit and 0% APR for 72 months deal still is there. It is not gone. Hope anyone who wants one can connect with a dealer network that has incoming stock.

Yes it's now 1% in the north east.
My car did not come in yet but the dealer was able to lock in last month rate of zero % for 30days.

Ital74 said:
My car did not come in yet but the dealer was able to lock in last month rate of zero % for 30days.

Interesting to see Nissan Finance has different rates based on regions. Nonetheless, good to hear you were able to lock in the 0%. All the best with your timely delivery.

OldManCan said:
Ital74 said:

Interesting to see Nissan Finance has different rates based on regions. Nonetheless, good to hear you were able to lock in the 0%. All the best with your timely delivery.

Thanks. It should be here any day. I am getting the SV Plus, but I want to add most likely a small sub right away. Hopefully I can find a place to hide it.
That said I see in Europe\UK now they have the updated\refreshed leaf. I wonder when it will make it to the usa. I guess no sense to wait for it and lose the rate,

NAC is 1.99% for 72 as of May 1.

Having trouble finding a dealer to purchase from, at msrp, with no dealer add-ons or accessories.
I may end up just ordering a Model 3 - at least there aren't a bunch of games with them.

CJBROWN said:

Having trouble finding a dealer to purchase from, at msrp, with no dealer add-ons or accessories.
I may end up just ordering a Model 3 - at least there aren't a bunch of games with them.

I hope you have the patience of Budha. Although worth it, ordering a Tesla involves A LOT of waiting.

In this crazy chip-shortage production-constrained environment, all dealers know that it's a seller's market. Even used vehicles are selling at a premium!

If you can, buy from a dealership that's further away. The lower demand out there might help your negotiating position. But make sure they agree to a price in E-mail before heading out there, or else you'll be stuck AND hours away from home.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
CJBROWN said:

I hope you have the patience of Budha. Although worth it, ordering a Tesla involves A LOT of waiting.

In this crazy chip-shortage production-constrained environment, all dealers know that it's a seller's market. Even used vehicles are selling at a premium!

If you can, buy from a dealership that's further away. The lower demand out there might help your negotiating position. But make sure they agree to a price in E-mail before heading out there, or else you'll be stuck AND hours away from home.

Yeah, I'm figuring that out. They're very sneaky about it now - one dealer had a '[dealername] Protection Package' for $3750. I said what is that - oh door edge guards, nitrogen air in the tires, paint protection, window etching. In other words, they managed to add every scammy profit maker in there they could think of, PLUS $5000 additional markup. I told them to pound sand. This was a Hyundai dealer - maybe they'll get a couple of kona ev's in soon.

When production picks up, which it will, the backlog of demand will fill quickly - basically half of wage-earners can't afford a new car anyway, not with groceries and gas prices, and rent increases. So the lots will flood with cars and they'll be back to cutting fat deals just to move all the inventory before they have to pay flooring costs.

Tesla M3's are slated for delivery in July to August (EDIT: now Sept-Dec 2022) - that's not too bad. It used to take 2-3 months to special order a domestic 'big-3' car. Unless of course they're just promising blue sky and can't produce timely to fill their orders, which would not surprise me. Then again, Musk says they're on target for a record year of builds - a million and a half world wide.

My preference is for a Leaf - they're at least fifteen grand less than a Tesla, and still have the tax credit. I'm thinking of waiting for a 2023 now anyway. Fifty thousand for a car is just not realistic for me. The Tesla configurator calculator showed like five grand down and $665 a month for the base-base model with no adds. Dear lord. Well, I guess that's about half of what a S was when they came out, and why I never got one.

I'm all for the new-tech early adopter stuff, but not at an excessive cost.

The Chevy Equinox EV, slated to come in around $30K, has great appeal to me.
The Volvo recharge models are sixty grand. At least you can get a tax credit, but same as Tesla - giant payments. :shock:

Fifty grand for a Korean car also just does not appeal to me. [shrug]

Hate the mandatory dealer addons and markups. I was glad to find one dealer network here in SoCal that did not subscribe to these business practices but it was tough. First giveaway was whether the dealer had cars on the lot or not. The more markups the longer the cars sit on the lot. Where I bought from, all cars were spoken for while in transit to the dealer.

OldManCan said:
CJBROWN said:
What dealer?

Mossy Nissan group across San Diego area has this no markup / no BS addons policy. I'm not affiliated in any way. Just a happy customer.

Excellent - thanks. Will check them out.

OC dealers are all adding a lot of fluff, mostly three to five thousand ADM - I tell them up front it's a non-starter, then crickets. I am dumbfounded so many sheeple just go along with this charade.

CJBROWN said:
OldManCan said:
CJBROWN said:
What dealer?

Mossy Nissan group across San Diego area has this no markup / no BS addons policy. I'm not affiliated in any way. Just a happy customer.

OC dealers are all adding a lot of fluff, mostly three to five thousand ADM - I tell them up front it's a non-starter, then crickets. I am dumbfounded so many sheeple just go along with this charade.

That's the problem. In this limited-supply market, you're competing against the "sheeple", not the dealers. The dealers have the luxury of saying, "you don't want it, it's cool, cause someone else does". So if you can afford to wait, then you're lucky. If you can NOT wait (primary car got damaged beyond repair or stolen), then you've no choice except to pay the sheeple tax.

CJBROWN said:

Same observations. The further north you go the worse it seems to get with LA being the peak!

I found some Mossy dealerships are better than others in the quality of communications. Oceanside was slow. El Cajon is where I ended up buying from with great experience. They all have pre-allocated cars and schedules so where you find the earliest available car might end up where you get it from.

Best of luck. Hope it works for you.

OldManCan said:
CJBROWN said:

Same observations. The further north you go the worse it seems to get with LA being the peak!

I found some Mossy dealerships are better than others in the quality of communications. Oceanside was slow. El Cajon is where I ended up buying from with great experience. They all have pre-allocated cars and schedules so where you find the earliest available car might end up where you get it from.

Thanks.
Contacted Oceanside, they called right away, but slow on texting. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pursue a purchase or wait. I haven't heard what they have coming in. We have two other cars so it's not pressing. I don't want to miss the tax credit or CA rebate, so there's some impetus to act. OTOH, of everything really does take a dump it would be nice to have everything paid off. A base S is so cheap it's like a no-brainer. I just hope I wouldn't kick myself for not getting a Plus. I could always trade it later for something with more range if needed. My commute is 6 miles and due to retire in 18 months. I should be riding my ebike, but meh. LOL

My lease was coming up on my Challenger RT - 400hp was fun, but the writing was on the wall. Sold it to a wholesale dealer and put ten grand in my pocket. Paid off a bunch of stuff. In retrospect I should have put the cash on a new model 3, but alas wifey is more practical than me. Five grand down and $660 a month for a base-base model 3 just seems way out there...doesn't move the needle.

Funny, much as I loved that car, and the sound, I don't miss it much. It averaged 16mpg over 16K miles. Premium fuel too. I've owned over fifty cars in my driving career and that was the first V8 powered car. Glad I got that out of my system.

I had some interest in the Kona Electric - then found out about the 6-million vehicle recall. I'm now completely off Korean cars again. Now for good.

I may just wait for the Equinox EV. Seems perfect for what I want.

6 miles commute with a retirement over the horizon + 2 other cars to do longer routes as needed seems like a perfect use case for the base model S honestly. hope one of the dealerships come through for you. In my case we identified a car that was allocated for the particular dealer and I paid a refundable $1000 deposit. Understanding I was given is that the car may show up with a period of about a week and I will be given priority to get it but I need to act fast when the car shows up as they would sell it to the next person on the wait list. Nissan supply chain seemed very vague and dealership did not know exact location or delivery date but eventually it all worked out. Best of luck

CJBROWN said:
OldManCan said:
CJBROWN said:

Thanks.
Contacted Oceanside, they called right away, but slow on texting. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pursue a purchase or wait. I haven't heard what they have coming in. We have two other cars so it's not pressing. I don't want to miss the tax credit or CA rebate, so there's some impetus to act. OTOH, of everything really does take a dump it would be nice to have everything paid off. A base S is so cheap it's like a no-brainer. I just hope I wouldn't kick myself for not getting a Plus. I could always trade it later for something with more range if needed. My commute is 6 miles and due to retire in 18 months. I should be riding my ebike, but meh. LOL

My lease was coming up on my Challenger RT - 400hp was fun, but the writing was on the wall. Sold it to a wholesale dealer and put ten grand in my pocket. Paid off a bunch of stuff. In retrospect I should have put the cash on a new model 3, but alas wifey is more practical than me. Five grand down and $660 a month for a base-base model 3 just seems way out there...doesn't move the needle.

Funny, much as I loved that car, and the sound, I don't miss it much. It averaged 16mpg over 16K miles. Premium fuel too. I've owned over fifty cars in my driving career and that was the first V8 powered car. Glad I got that out of my system.

I had some interest in the Kona Electric - then found out about the 6-million vehicle recall. I'm now completely off Korean cars again. Now for good.

I may just wait for the Equinox EV. Seems perfect for what I want.

WOW! A 6-mile commute would mean any used Leaf (even the 2011-2012 ones) would allow you to save money on gas AND be ready to get something better once all these production shortages are over and done with sometime next year (or the next).

I recently retired, so I'm downsizing from two cars to one.
I cannot imagine owning three -- it would be like living in a parking lot.

This is a very good time to downsize since used car prices are high. Last week I was offered $8,750 for my 2013 LEAF S Model. Along with the $43k I was paid for my 2018 Tesla Model 3, I'm pretty close to covering the $57k (before taxes) of the Tesla Model Y with my chosen options.

Back